What to eat?

Options
Hi guys, need a little advice please! I've been slacking lately and although staying within my calories i'm eating not so healthy foods. Pizza, lots of bread, chips and such. I've been trying to stick to lots of veggies and grilled/roast chicken but i'm getting so bored of the same old foods. I do experiment and I do find some yummy things but it's just the same all the time with just tiny changes!
Money is pretty tight, and with a fiance, 2 kids and 3 cats I can't really buy a ton extra.
So what food ideas do you suggest? I make most things from scratch, but we mainly eat chicken and minced meat as I have a fussy family :)

I'm from the u.k by the way :)

And thanks in advance for replying :D

Replies

• ashleyf7424
    Options
    I found tortilla wraps made by la tortilla factory that only have 100 calories and 12g of fiber and they are delicious. Pack those with grilled chicken, some veggies and a slice of Kraft pepper jack cheese slices (45calories) and warm in a pan. It tastes like fajitas with Mexican cheese dip on it all for less than 300 calories. Goodluck!!
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Doing know if this will fly with picky eaters... how about eggs? I love eggs. Lots of protein, inexpensive and super quick to make. How about omelettes or frittata loaded with veges? I really like fish too. Almost any fish grilled or baked is good with just some lemon pepper.
  • bexxxster
    bexxxster Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Doing know if this will fly with picky eaters... how about eggs? I love eggs. Lots of protein, inexpensive and super quick to make. How about omelettes or frittata loaded with veges? I really like fish too. Almost any fish grilled or baked is good with just some lemon pepper.

Oh I forgot to add that in my post before.. I'm allergic to eggs and my daughter doesn't like them! (I'm only allergic to plain eggs like scrambled, fried and mayo for example cakes and things are fine!)
    And I don't like fish apart from tuna lol!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Tacos - Substitute turkey for the ground beef. You can't tell the difference with the taco seasoning
    Chinese - Use a simple teriyaki sauce and chicken breast with a chinese vegetable mix.
    Burgers - Lean ground beef is full of protein and great if you are wise with portion control
    Chicken Breast - Try something new like Chicken noodle soup, chicken parmesan, simple fajitas, or in salads.
    Chili - ground turkey, kidney beans, onions, tomatoes and chili powder.

Just some things I like to cook at home that are quick and easy.
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I like lean cuts of pork chops too. Grilled center cut chops with some sauce is good.

Chicken is really the most versatile. I like chicken stir fry with lots of veges. My kids love the rice, veges, and I also steam potstickers. My kids like skinless chicken thighs with a corn flake topping. Just mix mustard honey salt and pepper together in a bowl. Spread on a thigh and then coat the thigh with crushed corn flakes. Put thighs on baking sheet and spray with Pam and bake for about 45 mins on 350/375. They turn out somewhat crunchy but still moist.