Broccoli....Broccoli

Options
Juliane_
Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
I'm looking for different ideas on how to prepare broccoli. Anything simple, quick and delicious would be great. I would also like to be able to take some to my office for lunch.

Replies

• pilotalan
    Options
    Roast it.
    This is the best broccoli I've ever had.

Preheat oven to 400 with the sheetpan in the oven.
    Toss the florets (break town to smaller size) in a bowl with 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, salt, pepper, and granulated garlic.
    Pull the pan, spread the broccoli on the pan (the hot pan keeps them from sticking).
    Roast for 20 min.
    Pull, top with shredded parmagiano-reggiano cheese, return to oven for 5 minutes

Remove, squeeze a lemon over the broccoli, serve.
    Yummy!
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I agree roasting it is fantastic.
    Also toss it in herbs/garlic/chilli to add more flavour :)
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Definitely roasting!
    Spray with a bit of Pam, sprinkle on sea salt, pepper, chili powder and granulated garlic. YUM!
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love mine just steamed with nothing on it..
  • mjames38
    Options
    Try Broccoli Salad...raw broccoli, red onion, shredded cheddar cheese and ranch dressing...DELICIOUS!
  • hatsdown
    Options
    Bump
  • Rebekkaalready
    Options
    Chinese stir fried broccoli is AMAZING!!

A little oil for frying
    4 garlic cloves, smashed
    3 chopped fresh chillies
    2 lb broccoli (sometimes known as Chinese kale), ends of stems trimmed and broccoli cut into 1-inch pieces
    1/2 cup hot water (or stock)
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 teaspoon honey

Steam the broccoli till bright green then warm a little oil in wok, toss in garlic and chillies lightly cook (dont let the garlic brown too much) chuck in the broccoli, water (or stock), soy sauce and honey. Stir fry quickly until water reduces slightly.

Serve... Yummmy!
    Also you can add in ****ake mushrooms to jazz it up a bit or any vegetables such as carrots, peas etc but it is amazing on its own, with steamed rice.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    anyway to cook it that might reduce the bloat effect?
  • Tallblondechick
    Options
    Thanks for the roasted broccoli recipe...my favorite broccoli comes from Outback Steakhouse...probably too much sodium though.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'm defnitely going to try roasting it; that's new to me.

I made a broccoli/raisin salad this week with a reduced fat honey mustard dressing (made it myself). Only one problem, I ate it too fast and have none left - boo!
  • laren30
    laren30 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When I take some to work, I put it in a microwavable container with a little kosher salt and pepper and when I get ready to cook it, I just put a little bit of water in and cook it for about 2 minutes (depending on what you like). It makes wonderful steamed broccoli. Try adding a little parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes or basil.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Roast it.
    This is the best broccoli I've ever had.

Preheat oven to 400 with the sheetpan in the oven.
    Toss the florets (break town to smaller size) in a bowl with 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, salt, pepper, and granulated garlic.
    Pull the pan, spread the broccoli on the pan (the hot pan keeps them from sticking).
    Roast for 20 min.
    Pull, top with shredded parmagiano-reggiano cheese, return to oven for 5 minutes

Remove, squeeze a lemon over the broccoli, serve.
    Yummy!

I make a similar recipe, except I use fresh crushed garlic instead, and no lemon. It is really good.
  • Triplel79
    Triplel79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Broccoli salad is the bomb! a little mayo, raisins, red onion and sunflower seeds! Yummm!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for different ideas on how to prepare broccoli. Anything simple, quick and delicious would be great. I would also like to be able to take some to my office for lunch.

Here is my favorite broccoli recipe:

1. Wash hands
    2. Take 1 cup of fresh broccoli out of refrigerator
    3. Rinse broccoli
    4. Put on plate
    5. Eat!

Quick, Simple and Delicious!

In terms of taking it to the office, just modify step 4 with placing the broccoli in some Tupperware instead!
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Pureed.

Just boil 5-10 minutes, drain and puree with some cream or milk using one of those stick blenders.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I've never had roasted. I will definitely have to try that.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I put a "tree" of it in a pot with a half cup of water. Cover it. And cook. Season to taste. It is kind of boring but it cooks really fast and is just broccoli so no added calories to work in.
  • Rrrroxy777
    Options
    BUMP :D
  • Soadrokr
    Soadrokr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat it is to steam it, sprinkle a little sea salt, half a serving of i cant belive its not butter and just a pinch of shredded cheese. It makes a great snack.
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    Make Broccoli SOUP!!

VERY EASY TO DO.

Chef Ramsay style...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KR44a_5v_A

I make this all the time, I love it !! = )