1200 is not difficult.

Options

Replies

• savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I come in well under 1200 day. I feel full and satisfied. I've been losing weight. I exercise. Maybe it won't always work. But then I will change things to work again. People are all different, which is fine - even great. If someone wants advice, then give it. Otherwise, some of us figure it out for ourselves. :/

Good idea and when 1100 or what ever you eat under 1200 stops working might as well drop it to 800 lol....Christ i just ate 700 calories of greek yogurt you guys blow my mind.....Why in hell would you not want to eat as much as possible and still lose weight?....I dunno about you but if i had to live the rest of my life eating 1100 calories id shoot myself plain and simple. You keep eating your 1000-1100 calories and screw up your system then gain all the weight back and then some when you get sick of eating bird sized food.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I know I can do it and will if the weight doesn't come off with my current plan. But I hope I don't have to because I did find it difficult.

But not as difficult as the 400 calories per day plan that the Weight Loss Clinic put me on. OMG! I was always going over, but not by much. The weight came off and then right back on. Nobody can live on 400 calories per day long term. The Weight Loss Clinic has gone out of business around here; thank goodness!
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and I think that I eat big, healthy meals yet consistently find myself below my goal of 1200. I just do my best to hit my macros. Feel free to have a look (maybe look at yesterday and the day before because it's only 11am here so today isn't full yet). Feel free to criticize if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not hungry, I don't feel like I'm starving myself, and if I work out for an extended period of time, I just try to supplement it with a big green smoothie or something in the like.

80 grams of corned beef (I think, I googled coles silverside), a tomato and some cucumber is not my idea of a big healthy meal.

corned beef? I don't remember the last time I had corned beef. If you're referring to my lunch today- I was at a luncheon and had roast beef and a salad. Chose the closest thing I could find.

For supper you had logged Coles Silverside. As I said, I googled it, wasn't sure what that was. It came up as corned beef.

I've never heard of coles silverside and don't eat corned beef (too salty). sorry...
  • Ivy_leaves
    Ivy_leaves Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It's funny but I didn't say I would reduce.
    I intend to increase my calories whenever I stop losing.
    But go ahead and make insinuations.
    I do eat as much as possible, FYI.
    I can't force myself to shove a Greek yogurt down my throat if I'm not hungry, sorry.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I come in well under 1200 day. I feel full and satisfied. I've been losing weight. I exercise. Maybe it won't always work. But then I will change things to work again. People are all different, which is fine - even great. If someone wants advice, then give it. Otherwise, some of us figure it out for ourselves. :/

Good idea and when 1100 or what ever you eat under 1200 stops working might as well drop it to 800 lol....Christ i just ate 700 calories of greek yogurt you guys blow my mind.....Why in hell would you not want to eat as much as possible and still lose weight?....I dunno about you but if i had to live the rest of my life eating 1100 calories id shoot myself plain and simple. You keep eating your 1000-1100 calories and screw up your system then gain all the weight back and then some when you get sick of eating bird sized food.

Now you're being silly...why would you have to eat 1200 for the rest of your life?
    Eventually, you'd have to go into a maintenance mode, wouldn't you?
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Don't have a problem with just 1200 calories, Most days I'm looking to eat something just to make it to 1200. Believe me I am not starving myself. Make smart choice and you can eat good meals, not just salads. By the way my 1200 calories include some type of ice cream every night!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and I think that I eat big, healthy meals yet consistently find myself below my goal of 1200. I just do my best to hit my macros. Feel free to have a look (maybe look at yesterday and the day before because it's only 11am here so today isn't full yet). Feel free to criticize if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not hungry, I don't feel like I'm starving myself, and if I work out for an extended period of time, I just try to supplement it with a big green smoothie or something in the like.

80 grams of corned beef (I think, I googled coles silverside), a tomato and some cucumber is not my idea of a big healthy meal.

corned beef? I don't remember the last time I had corned beef. If you're referring to my lunch today- I was at a luncheon and had roast beef and a salad. Chose the closest thing I could find.

For supper you had logged Coles Silverside. As I said, I googled it, wasn't sure what that was. It came up as corned beef.

I think y'all are getting a little confused with whose diary is whose. Sorry I hijacked this thread a little :/ My bad.

Whoops, I was looking at your diary, but responded to the OP about the corned beef. It was your diary that had the Silverside, but OP said she hadn't eaten corned beef.

I'm not asking you to explain your meal. You said your diary was opened. I looked through but used today as an example. You had logged coles silverside (beef), a tomato and half a cup of cucumber (with some sauces and spices with no real calories). I was just pointing out that that isn't a huge meal. Nor are a lot of the others.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Now you're being silly...why would you have to eat 1200 for the rest of your life?

Because only people who eat 1200 calories to lose weight gain it back. Everyone else makes a lifestyle change by virtue of eating 500 more calories a day, even if proportionately that's the exact same factoring in height and weight. They then never gain their weight back and don't have to worry about eating at maintenance. :tongue:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I've never heard of coles silverside and don't eat corned beef (too salty). sorry...

Yes, my mistake. I was talking about another poster's diary, the one I quoted. When I read yours, I thought it was her responding. My bad.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    gabriellejayd - read what you're quoting, they're not talking to you.
    No thanks! I'll stay skinny and eat 1800-2100 calories a day. :)

Same here, today my daily goal was 2310 calories but I was only able to eat 1872. I'm a size 4, no I'm not special, I just followed the mfp formula and successfully lost weight with it.
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Eat some protein, your muscles will thank you! I notice most you chicks eating 1200 calories its all carbs!
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    Just because you *can* eat 1200 calories per day, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Consider obese people, who eat, say, 7000 calories a day. They still get hungry between meals, despite getting plenty of calories.....Hunger is largely a trained behavior- you get hungry when you're used to eating.

I respectfully disagree. When I was obese, I was NEVER hungry...because I was always eating. Not because I was feeling hungry but because I just wanted to eat junk.

After I lost a decent amount of weight, I actually began to feel physically hungry... a totally new sensation. I even blogged about it.

My muscles are developing really well with exercise....especially my legs, which I have been working on for months. I seem to be losing fat, which is what I want. I lose a pound a week eating what I do. I am not hungry or tired. I have no doubt there are people that might not be able to function on 1200-1400 calories a day, but I do and very well, thank you. :)
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    These threads just make me hungry.

How could you possibly be getting adequate fats and proteins in?
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Eat some protein, your muscles will thank you! I notice most you chicks eating 1200 calories its all carbs!

If we said that about someone eating 1800 and said "I notice most of you chicks on that much are eating all McDonalds" would that be ok?

I always exceed MFP's protein and have my personal goal set higher and strive to reach it. I actually really limit carbs in the form of grains to make room for more protein and healthy fat.
  • XxBrightsidexX
    Options
    I have the oppisite problem. i eat three meals a day, and snacks.. And i have a problem getting to 1200. After dinner im ussually at like 900..
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Amen... I do agree. I have 3 meals, 2 snacks, and a dessert after dinner and I'm at 1200 with the right macros for me (40% carbs 40% protein 20% fat and 20-25g of fiber)!

Oh and I'm 5'0...

I'm a whole 7 inches taller than you. I would die on 1200 calories a day. To me its not worth it. At 5 feet I could see how that could work though.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options

Oh yah im real silly...well considering that eating 1200 is going to get you some weight loss then your gonna stop so you may end up doing it years or you give up return to over eating and gain it all back.

Or best case you add cals because you realize eating 1200 is dumb and just a low set number that means nothing and that you coulda ate 1500-1800 a day and still lost weight...probably more fat actually because on your crash diet your losing muscle to but hey who needs that enjoy your loose skin and chicken wings.

Hey what do i know not like ive lost much weight and lost little to no muscle nor do i have any loose skin to be found.

Enjoy your 1200 cals im gonna keep eating my 2200 and shedding fat and keeping my muscles.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    It's silly how people get fixated on the number 1200. Some of us are well under five feet tall and have much lower BMR/RMR. Sub-1200 can be a safe, healthy option for such people, if they are sedentary.

Seriously, I'd never wished I were taller (am 5' 2") until I started counting calories... I want a higher BMR dammit!
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    These threads just make me hungry.

How could you possibly be getting adequate fats and proteins in?

My last logged day I had 50 g of protein (higher than the recommended amount based on my body weight) and 30 g of healthy fats, and I wasn't putting in the effort I usually do, so those were both low numbers for me. But adequate.