FERGBURGER

Options
Now i don't know if anyone has been to Queenstown, New Zealand. But there in the worlds best burger bar here. Horribley, temptingly open until 5am when you've already destroyed your daily allowence to vodka, you think, 'ohhh **** it, it can't be that bad'

Obviously, today, that is not what i am feeling, a hungover guilt more like.

Try as i might, i cannot find any nutritional info on that damn deliciousness and was wondering if you Calorie Counter Whizz's might have a better idea than me,
So this is the description

Tempured Tofu with a spicey satay, coconut and corriander sauce, lettuce, tomato, red onion, cucumber, snow pea shoots and aioli.

Also bare in mind these burgers are HUUUGE (roughly face size)

I'm not even sure i want to know the answer to this question any more (i just remembered sharing a side of onion rings dammit)

We are all allowed an off day right?!!

Replies

• ultraplop
    Options
    Well your description makes it truly impossible to tell, face sized? Thats pretty big. Is this something that a normal person could even eat in one sitting?

My advice is to compare it to something from a chain restaurant that does post nutritional information, or even just going by how full you feel.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Just take the day off and get back on track tomorrow.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I totally read that wrong

38aad967-acc9-4ada-a1e9-036a69645091.jpg
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Tofu burger? Gross
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Clicked on this because in High School we had a History teacher named FERGUSON and we all called him FERGER-BURGER. Haha. He was actually the only COOL History teacher I ever had. But anyway... yeah... thanks for the unintended stroll down memory lane. :flowerforyou: Good luck beating that craving.
  • HappyandToned
    HappyandToned Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oh, hell.. did I just find someone on MFP, that loves FERGBURGER with a God-given passion, like I do?

I fly to Queenstown, from Christchurch, at LEAST twice a year, to wrap my face around one of those suckers! Chief Wiggum is heaven, in a bun.

I'm actually gonna add you right now, because we really share the same issue, haha! I would say, that if a Big Mac is around the 1000 calorie mark, these would be more than double. :S

AHHHHHHHHHHHH, SO DAMN DELICIOUS!!!!!!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I love Fergburger but would not even like to think about the amount of calories on one of those babys. I was there a month ago for a snowboarding holiday and had a few during the trip. This was before I joined MFP so I didn't have to think about the numbers. They are AMAZING though. I think 2000+ wouldn't be over estimating.

Mmmmmmmmmm!!!
  • prettygonetatty
    Options
    i seem to have got everyone salvating over burgers. Sorry
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    sounds deeelicious!!
  • Surfmonk
    Options
    I just had one today! Half of the Cockadoodle Oink, I always get that one, I think it's the best and nastiest one :D
    Maybe next time I'll remember to ask and let you know! In fact I might just have a look inside, count what I see then put it al together at home. CLASSY
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    why would someone name thier place that? it sounds like furburger.

then your description of the hamburger as stated has negative 25 calories after the hurl that would induce in me. TOFU? what? instead of a hamburger? maybe it should have been made of fur rather?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    no idea but i'll be sure to visit this place when i go to NZ!
  • BIW2012
    BIW2012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I had a Big Al at Fergburger last time we were in Queenstown. Can't remember what I logged but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 1200-1500 calories. A tofu burger might be less... I'd just pick up from where I started and forget trying to log it, but I'm not the world's best logger. Walk up the steep hill that most people take the gondolier up. That'll help burn it off!

x