Free style and still see results?

Options
Seems like almost everyone is following a routine.

I have been free styling my workouts and am pretty happy with the results so far. Is there anyone else out here who does *not* follow a pre-designed workout and still seeing results? Just curious.

Note: I have been working out for over 10 years now. Although I was religious to the gym it wasn't until MFP did I start seeing real results. Over the years I have had personal trainers, done the P90X series and a bunch of other routines. I keep borrowing ideas from different routines/systems and incorporate them in my workouts. But I do not follow a system, I do not maintain a log of my workouts. I workout at three different gyms a week based on where am I working out of, some have little to no weights, so I make do with what is present in the gym.

Am I the only alien here?

Replies

• amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    i dont have a predesignated workout, i target areas and then pick different exercises from myfitnessbuddy for those areas.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I'm too anal to free style. I wouldn't see results simply because I would spend more time wandering around trying to decide what to do, then second guessing myself than I would actually exercising. Not having a program leaves me overwhelmed.
    I am the type that needs a program simply to keep me motivated.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I still have a few sessions left with my trainer, but I also workout alone, and just do my thing on those days. I hit the big lifts first, and if I have time, do whatever isolation lifts I feel like.