1 year down - only way to go is up!

So it's been a year since I've been in the gym - for the first 6 months I was kind of just pushing weights around and really not putting 100% into it. After a while I got sick of seeing little results and decided to turn it up a notch.

I started at 140lbs and made my way slowly to 150lbs with a "clean bulk". Today, I am doing another bulk to 160lbs to cut right back down to 150lbs again by February. While it may be different from most people's goals here - I will be checking in once I hit 160 for tips on losing the fat!

This was me a year ago. Kind of just flubby all over, not much definition anywhere.
8098691580_1a89d472ea.jpg

6 months in. This was the result of half assing it for that long. Better but not what I wanted.
8098682537_2ae09783bd.jpg

This is today. I started getting into supersets, drop sets, being less afraid of picking up the heavier weight. I was always just using a comfortable weight and getting used to it. I'll drop in again when I hit my 160lb goal!
8098691776_e141afe3e9.jpg

8098682687_8cc3043490.jpg

The motivation around here is nuts!

Replies

• _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Awesome progress!
  • Nice!!
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    you look great!
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    You look amazing! Great work :)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    nice job; keep it up
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Hey buddy!! First of all congrats. Attitude determines how well you do it. You def have the postive attitude only way to go is up no doubt. I keep myself motivated by setting new goals when I’ve reached one. I use to weigh 350lbs now I am at 169lbs still pushing hard so I can totally relate. So keep on pushing yourself keep up the good work :)

Nadia
  • Thanks for the positive words, everyone!
    Hey buddy!! First of all congrats. Attitude determines how well you do it. You def have the postive attitude only way to go is up no doubt. I keep myself motivated by setting new goals when I’ve reached one. I use to weigh 350lbs now I am at 169lbs still pushing hard so I can totally relate. So keep on pushing yourself keep up the good work :)

Nadia

Nadia, wow! That's awesome. I'm glad you've gotten to where you are now and I hope you keep the positive attitude up as well!
  • I thought I'd get everyone's opinion...

Do you guys think I should keep bulking or should I cut and lean out?

I'd like to know your guys' preferences! Maybe I'm crazy for wanting to get bulkier. =p
  • giantruss
    giantruss Posts: 100
    well done !! looking great

i hope to do the same
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!