How often should i weigh myself??

Options
For the last couple of years i have weighed myself anywhere from once to three times a day (long story-and i know its stupid). So, how many times a week am i suppoed to weigh myself, to get a true picture of my weight loss?

Replies

• faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday? but I don't let that number change what I'm doing, unless it's a significant dufference. I only 'weigh in' once a week. I do it at the same basic time every week, wearing the same type of clothes. Your weight will fluctuate throughout the day and over the course of the week depending on different things. If that's gonna stress you out too much, I say stay off the scale except for that once a week weigh in.
  • sandrabutterfly
    Options
    I used to weigh myself everyday too, but it get to obsessive and you dont see the results. Especially since we woman can fluctuate from day to day
    Now I weigh myself one a week on Saturday mornings.
    It seems to be more successful and if I had a bad week and weigh myself of Saturday I tend to eat better on the weekends.
    Good luck
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I am very strict about not weighing myself more than once a week! I step on the scale every Saturday morning, right when I get up, in the buff. In my opinion, I would avoid weighing yourself everyday. I know that the weight seems to come off a lot slower the more I weigh myself, and since most of us are obsessed with quick-results, it can lead to disappointment. Even if I ended up gaining weight, I don't re-check until the next week. It gives me some incentive to work a little harder and see some better results. I used to have an eating disorder and weigh myself everyday, which becomes a little obsessive, especially since you really shouldn't be gaining or losing much weight within a matter of days (unless water weight and things like that). Try to keep in mind that its not always the number on the scale...but how our clothes fit and how we feel! That is primarily why I only weigh in once a week....and I have seen some great results doing that!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I weight my self often, mostly out of boredom and curiosity. I like to see how much a glass of water will make me gain, or something like that. I then weigh in on Wed for a group on here but I don't count my loss until I weigh in on Fridays at Weight Watchers. Fridays weight is the only one I really remember after I step off the scale, the rest are just something to do. Weight Watchers does say you shouldn't have a scale at home and you should only weigh yourself once a week. Most people I know weigh themselves daily.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Daily weigh ins just aren't worth the heartache. Though that's hypocritical of me, because I have Wii Fit Plus and "log in" every day to get my little stamp, LOL.
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    Thanks for the advice you guys,

I have decided to weigh myself every Friday morning, and NO MORE, not daily or twice a week, JUST on the Friday morning.
    I thought this would be better, as i normally treat myself to a few glasses of wine and 2 slices on Pizza on the friday night, so i know that i have a week to work it off before i weigh myself the following Friday!!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Great for you!!! I think you'll be happy with the once-a-week weigh in!! Good luck!
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    thanks kicklikeaGIRL,
    i have, so far, resisted the scales!!