sleeping after you eat

Options
Does anyone want to go to sleep after they eat. It seems like every time I finish one of my major meals I want to sleep. Lately I have been going for a walk or run afterwards so I will not sleep. I am wondering if there is a reason why. I dont eat too much my calorie intake is normally 300-500 calories each meal.

Replies

• tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    Does anyone want to go to sleep after they eat. It seems like every time I finish one of my major meals I want to sleep. Lately I have been going for a walk or run afterwards so I will not sleep. I am wondering if there is a reason why. I dont eat too much my calorie intake is normally 300-500 calories each meal.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why you get sleepy. But eat 5 small meals a day and two snacks , like a banana or apple; The small meals are just made out of what I might have if to take in the 400 calories but spit up. Say if you want soup and sandwich. they are seperated about 4hours apart.:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    This could be a sign of a food intolerance. Try to notice if there's a pattern to what you're eating when you feel this way.

(I have a wheat intolerance, and this was my main symptom.)