I know it's only 10lbs, but it's still awesome

Options
I had to go to see my doctor today. Forgive my graphic-ness, but I started the Depo shot in September and haven't gotten my TOM since then, and I got it Sunday and then yesterday at work, I had a headache, I was dizzy, nauseous and felt like I was going to pass out. I had to leave early and the doctor ordered I be seen today.

Turns out, everything's okay, my body's just adjusting to actually exercising 60min every day now. But the parts that made me really happy were these:

1. When the nurse (who didn't believe I lost 11lbs already) weighed me and she had to push the little weight on the scale back more and more.

2. When I was discussing with my doctor my changes that I've made, she told me how awesome I was and how proud she was of me.

Needless to say, I was glowing when I left. This only motivates me even more to lose more. That and my shirts are getting looser already.

Sorry if this is just a tiny milestone, but I just had to share. :love:

Replies

• claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    Well done!!
    That must have felt fantastic!
  • angie1303
    Options
    Well done! That's an amazing achievement.. you should be very proud of yourself... keep at it!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    10 lbs is a HUGE accomplishment. And I am not just gving you a phony "attaboy". Losing weight is difficult--the fact that you lost 10 lb (assuming you didn't do it over a weekend or via a "cleanse") means that you can lose 20....and so on. It means your are on a routine that is working.

There are health and fitness benefits as well.

I truly believe that the FIRST 10 lbs you lose is MUCH more important than the last 10.

Congrats again and keep on going.
  • alymarphi
    alymarphi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I get the Depo shot too.. and I also get realy bad headaches and dizzyness! It sucks. I havn't had my TOM either

but congrats on your weight loss!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Great job! My first 5 lbs lost made my back pain stop so 10 lbs is more then a little milestone!!!! Keep it up, the next 10 will feel even better!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I had to go to see my doctor today. Forgive my graphic-ness, but I started the Depo shot in September and haven't gotten my TOM since then, and I got it Sunday and then yesterday at work, I had a headache, I was dizzy, nauseous and felt like I was going to pass out. I had to leave early and the doctor ordered I be seen today.

Turns out, everything's okay, my body's just adjusting to actually exercising 60min every day now. But the parts that made me really happy were these:

1. When the nurse (who didn't believe I lost 11lbs already) weighed me and she had to push the little weight on the scale back more and more.

2. When I was discussing with my doctor my changes that I've made, she told me how awesome I was and how proud she was of me.

Needless to say, I was glowing when I left. This only motivates me even more to lose more. That and my shirts are getting looser already.

10 pounds is awesome! that is alot! good for you. I just started and I want to loose 15 but i will be sooo excited at 10! Congrats girl!
  • kym_lewis08
    Options
    10 lbs is amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Very awesome! 10 lbs isn't a small accomplishment at all. If you ran a 500 calorie deficit everyday for a week, it would take 10 weeks to do what you did!?! Keep up the good work.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Your right, it is awesome! Way to go! :)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

:drinker: There is no such thing as a tiny milestone!:drinker: Congratulations!
  • MaryleeUSA
    MaryleeUSA Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Way to go! It IS a lot! it is motivation! I've lost 9 (for some reason my ticker isn't updating) and I'm thrilled too! Go ahead! Toot your horn!
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    WHAT?!?! "Just a tiny milestone"?!?!? You rock, girlie!! Get your brag on! WOOHOO!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome! :flowerforyou: Keep up the great job you're doing, and before you know it, you WILL be at your goal! :smile:
  • gurlondrums
    Options
    Thank you all so much. I just didn't want to over-brag when other people have lost more. Thanks for the support. It helps so much.

Azdak, I agree. I think it's just the push you need to keep going.

Thanks everyone again! :blushing:
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Oh LOVE it when stuff like that happens!! :love: Isn't it great to actually look FORWARD to getting on the scale instead of taking off everything including your watch and making SURE you go to the bathroom BEFORE the dreaded weigh-in?!

LOVE IT!!! You're awesome!!!!

Susan
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    254666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    I work in the family planning field, and can say it's especially awesome since you're on Depo! That is pretty darn fantastic. Congratulations on your hard work paying off!
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    Ten pounds is awesome! You should be very proud!
  • biffy107
    Options
    Sorry not to change the subject.I also just went to the doc.to find out at the age of 46 I am pre menopausal.Heavy bleading or one month runs into another.I am tired or cant lift my head.anxious well i quiver alot not that anyone can see but i can feel. Walk up stairs or get off the couch my heart feels like it is going to beat out of my skin. Had a biopsy (WHAT FUN) find out the results in a week.untill then what do i do with all this junk going on. I am regreating having to go up to bed because i hate that feeling.
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Sorry not to change the subject.I also just went to the doc.to find out at the age of 46 I am pre menopausal.Heavy bleading or one month runs into another.I am tired or cant lift my head.anxious well i quiver alot not that anyone can see but i can feel. Walk up stairs or get off the couch my heart feels like it is going to beat out of my skin. Had a biopsy (WHAT FUN) find out the results in a week.untill then what do i do with all this junk going on. I am regreating having to go up to bed because i hate that feeling.

Biffy, I am peri-menopausal, too. I had that awful heart-beating-so-hard-it-feels-like-a-heart-attack symptom, too - for about 6 months when I was taking care of my mom while she was sick and working so hard I wasn't exercising. It is awful, and scary. What seems to have helped me is starting to exercise again and to take vitamin d - 2000 IU daily. + evening of primrose oil. what has your doc said?

~ Shivaun