Weight fluctuations

Options
2»

Replies

• tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    My weight is so whacky. I weigh one week and i'm down. The next week I weigh and I am up 4 pounds. I refuse to change my weight on MFP on a gain, but it takes weeks to get back to the weight that I was down the week before. Obviously not a true gain but I'm discouraged seeing my weight stay the same for over a month. uggh!!!

Keeping it real, and maintaining the motivation... barely!
    Kelly

I have the same exact problem!! It is frustrating!! I finally changed my weight, but don't know when i will be down again. :-(

And barely here too.
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am going through the exact same thing right now. Have worried and been in tears half of the day because of this. Reading all of these comments has helped me to relax a little bit tonight. Was so discouraged that I considered skipping my scheduled work out, but forced myself to do it. I know it is a long journey and I have to be patient, but it is so hard. Good luck on your journey!!!
  • lauryn0392
    lauryn0392 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised no one mentioned water. Considering the body is 70% water we fluctuate about 5lbs per day just on that. Now throw in fluctuating sodium and carb intake will alter that as well. Also women have this thing called a menstrual cycle that contributes to water weight.

Weigh yourself with consistency: Same day, time, clothing... And try only doing it once a week if not less. The scale is a mindf*ck.

I agree with the water thing, however we are not made up of that amount of water. Women are 50% water and men are 60% (I have studied fluid and electrolyte balances as part of my degree).
  • Tammyinbali
    Tammyinbali Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    *bump*

I also suffer from this horrible affliction...lol...and reading this post made me feel alot better. Maybe didn't give the 'answers' one would hope for but it's great to know it's not just me :)
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh/measure all of your food?

I saw some good things mentioned, especially clean eating and water.

Switch up your exercise, try some HIIT. add walking, if you lift weights, try some sets opposite what you're doing now. Or inbetween sets do high knees for 30 secs to a minute or mountain climbers etc.