Any 40 somethings out there?

Options

Replies

• SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    41 here...feel free to add...I try to motivate by being nice...I'm not going to kick you in the butt!!! lol
  • floridacna
    Options
    hi I am forty two and I joined in january. I started out being out of breath after a one mile bike ride.... this sunday I am doing a 35 mile ride. Please add me! I could definitely use more support and can do the same for you
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 (do I have to admit "and a half" like my kids?)
    Feel free to add me.
    I'm in for life. This is NOT a diet. It is lifestyle changes. I am doing it VERY slowly, one healthy habit at a time.
    My goal is not a specific weight...it is the maintenance of that weight!

Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me anyone!
  • laurapariseau
    laurapariseau Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and new here, too. Boy I wish I were still in my early 40's it was so much easier to loose weight. I have at least maintained part of the weight loss since then, but haven't really made much progress toward my goal. I am hoping that connecting with others who have the same goals and issues will help. It's not that I want to be supermodel thin like I was in my twenties, but I am concerned about health risks due to belly fat as I get older so any improvement especially to lose this gut would be wonderful. I also had major life changes in my forties including divorce and loss of employment so I can really relate to you and what you may be experiencing. I wish you the best of luck on your journey and you can add me as a friend if you want.
  • jeany3
    jeany3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I just really starting my self even though i have had an account for awhile.
  • hockeydad725
    hockeydad725 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 42, anyone can feel free to add me. I think the support on this site is awesome so far.
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm a 40 yr old & have been on MFP for a while but really started using it back in the spring and saw great progress. Unfortunately I fell off the wagon during the summer and just this week gotten myself motivated to get back on track. Anyone please feel free to add me. I really prefer communicating with people in my age range as I think we all have similar struggles when it comes to weight loss - just doesn't come of as easy as it did in our 20's! I need the motivation & support and will be happy to do the same for you. Good luck on your journey, everyone!
  • Bigmitch41
    Bigmitch41 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    41 here, In the best shape Ive been in for over 10 years after suffering life changing injurys in 2001, anything's possible if you want it bad enough!! :glasses:

Been using MFP since my Wife started using it earlier this year, weve both had great success and will continue logging, using for fitness and maintaining weight. :smile:
  • CherishQuick
    Options
    41 and really trying to stay positive. What are your goals?
  • PaulaRocksFL
    Options
    My 40th birthday is coming next month... That birthday is actually what inspired me to get serious about becoming healthier and getting in shape.

I would love to connect with other people in their 40s so we can encourage each other.

Paula :)
  • Crazy_Diet_Mom
    Options
    Hi. I'm 44, a relatively recent empty-nester with nearly 100lbs to go. I've only been on MFP for a little over a month but I've been on this journey for a lifetime. I log in daily, am overall a positive personality (but very human :wink: ) and would love to link up with some like minded people. I have an open food diary, which is not always perfect, but is open for suggestion as well as inspiration. My real weak spot is working out - I could use some motivation there :happy:

Anybody looking for a positive, consistent MFP friendship feel free to add me.

Traci
  • monicarrtx
    Options
    I'm 38, Can I be added...lol I am new starting today... well I hope to.. I sit down all day, at work, then attempt to walk my dogs, (3 terriers) but after all that is said and done, I seem to call it a day. so Now I am here to fix it, and get myself started... hope to add you guys as friends, and we can keep each other motivated... :)
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm smack in the middle at 45. Lost 113 in one year, 10 to go for goal!
  • rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    45 in a few weeks, feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • Jennifloop
    Jennifloop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 on December 31st!! Does that count? ;) I love encouraging others on their path to losing weight and getting healthy!
  • Rangarth
    Rangarth Posts: 121
    Options
    Currently 49 and have been here 13 weeks. Gladly accept a new friend if you are still looking.
  • alumpoflard
    alumpoflard Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 40-twelve. Does that count?

You should add him, always helps to have pals with a sense of humour :laugh:
  • erinpooh
    Options
    I'm 43 and am trying to lose 19 lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • ThatNerdyGrl
    ThatNerdyGrl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 40something as well! Feel free to add me. I am getting better at checking in daily, but still miss a day here and there.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I'm 40! This is one of the greatest places ever for motivation and accountability! :flowerforyou: