Burning inside

Options
Just wondering, how come I keep on getting hot. ie its coldish here in UK now, but when I walk to and from work, all bout 20 mins long, I end up totally burning up inside. What could that be? I see people wearing coats and scarfs and as soon as im half way through my walk want to take my jacket off!

Has it got anything to do with my burning furnace I have just stoked up because of reintroducing exercise after 3 months off, I have just started to do spin couple times of week too, which is so hard at the mo, but loving it.

Or is it that im just a hot blooded person?

Ta

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the answer...
    But that's a gorgeous tattoo you have on your shoulder!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    My husband has the same issue. I have to walk for an hour before it happens to me. Are you drinking enough water?
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Ahh thanks Fozzi
  • estelle74uk
    Options
    My husband has the same issue. I have to walk for an hour before it happens to me. Are you drinking enough water?

Probably not enough !! do you think that could be it then?
  • lisajenkins3
    lisajenkins3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I am in a t-shirt going down the school to pick the kids up and everyonee else is in winter coats. Even if I wear a rain mac I end up sweating. I think it just isnt cold enough yet x
  • MrsNANSEE
    Options
    It happens to me too.I am usually a very cold person but i know when i walk i need to wear thin layers so i can strip off.Where in the UK are you.Im up north in Yorkshire xx
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Girl I don't have to walk far at all to start sweating..I used to think it was because I was fat...but my mother, a nurse said it is just how my body cools itself off...who knows.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Happens to me too. I think its just your body heating up as you expend energy in walking. I figured thats what it was for me. I sweat quite a lot too. Always put a jacket or jumper on to go and walk the dog and then wish i hadn't because i'm melting. Straight into the wash when i get home lol.

I'm in South Devon, so i guess the temperature is still quite mild for us here.
  • estelle74uk
    Options
    Oh so glad im not the only one!! I live in Kent but work in London.
  • sd75
    sd75 Posts: 49
    Options
    Me too - seem to leak more than the average amount when i do any kind of exercise ... but then i was encouragd recently when i was told / found out that apparently it means that your body is really efficient at cooling itself down. & apparently the fitter you get the more likely you are to sweat because your body is getting more efficient. Not sure how true it is obvisouly but i can see the logic. I drink loads of water (as i don't drink tea or coffee) so it could also be that i have excess fluid that my body is just desperate to get rid of ...!!