Some Simple Dinner Options?

Medilia
Medilia Posts: 230 Member
Hey can people please send me recipes for dinners? I just want some simple and basic things that I can do easily.
Calorie count would be good too if possible but not required =)

Replies

• mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    I made this last night (it's based on a dish most South Africans know as Chicken a la King):

Tesco - Indian Basmati Rice, 200 g (before cooking)
    Tesco - British Turkey Breast Steak - Grilled, 430g (or chicken)
    Tesco - Healthy Living Half Fat Creme Fraiche*, 100 ml (very optional - just added it because I need to increase my calories now)
    Bisto - Chicken Gravy Granules*, 45 mls
    Heinz - Cream of Mushroom Soup 400ml, 1 can
    Peppers - Sweet, red, raw, 233 g (2 peppers)
    Tesco - Forestiere Mushrooms, 250 g (chopped)
    Napolina - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 11 ml

So this is quite a bit of food - enough for 3 people or 3 meals (it's my lunch today too!!).

Fry the peppers, mushrooms and chicken (or in this case turkey) in the oil in a pan (I rarely use oil, but for the mushrooms, you are going to need it!). Add a tin of cream of mushroom soup, chicken gravy granules (or chicken stock if you're not as lazy as i am). (You can add some water if it's too thick for you) Simmer for a while and then add the creme fraiche if you want right at the end.

Serve over basmati rice.

The above, divided into 3 portions gives (per portion): 619 calories, 66g carbs, 15g fat, 53g protein.

If you are looking to cut down the calories, skip the creme fraiche altogether and reduce the amount of rice (it was a fair amount of rice to be honest) and you can probably cut down a bit on the meat too and possibly add other veggies like onions and peas.

The above assumes that you like mushrooms of course :)
  • You can go to simple recipes.com, easy or common recipe.com and that will give you some. Also you can put ingredients into google and it will give you ideas also.
  • Medilia
    Medilia Posts: 230 Member
    I love mushrooms XD that looks like a great meal I think I will look into that one next pay check since I am poor and not buying food until next week now.

Thanks I look at those sites right now.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Checkout skinnytaste.com
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Skinnytaste.com is a great place to look, all the meals are delicious!

Also, I have a few simple recipes on my blog, with the calorie count...you can find that here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/coliemariealessi

I like to make stir fry, it's low in calories and it's quick to make!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    If you are looking for basic, stir-fries are great. Choose a meat, some veggies, the sauce of your choice and you're good to go. Or you can add tomato sauce and noodles for a great pasta meal. Maximum of two pots, and your entire meal is there.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Some of mt favorite recipe sites are

thegraciouspantry.com
    cleaneatmag.com
    familyfreshcooking.com
    kalyn'skitchen.com
    skinnykitchen.com
    ccookingquinoa.net

and then theres always the slow cooker option

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/01/clean-out-pantry-minnestrone-soup.html
  • +1 Skinnytaste.com
  • Maagrie
    Maagrie Posts: 49 Member
    When I shop I always check out the stir fry seasonings and pick up some relatively healthy options. Then you can do a quick stir fry by adding fresh or frozen veggies and any meat you have. That's my best 'goto' meal when I'm just too tired to think about it. Good Luck!
  • Maagrie
    Maagrie Posts: 49 Member
    When I shop I always check out the stir fry seasonings and pick up some relatively healthy options. Then you can do a quick stir fry by adding fresh or frozen veggies and any meat you have. That's my best 'goto' meal when I'm just too tired to think about it. Good Luck!