can i have mcdonalds on my cheat day

Options

Replies

• cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    One McDonalds cheeseburger once in a while is not going to kill you. I know it's full of salt and fat and calories and blah blah blah, but we all have to live and no-one can eat healthily 100% of the time.

Have it, enjoy it, log it, and get back on it tomorrow.
    ^^^This. In the greater scheme of things it isn't going to matter. The only issue I could see is if you have control problems. I eat whatever I want one day a week but I try not to go over maintenance as well. If I do, I don't worry about it. Lately, I have found that I end up eating mostly healthy any way.
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits in with your macros! You can always take off a bun. Chicken wraps contain relatively low fat. I just had two and a strawberry sundae. Scale didn't budge (but then, I want to gain).
  • toberdawg
    Options
    *Disclaimer* I have not read all the posts.

When I MUST have McDonalds this is what I order . . .

A Double Cheeseburger dressed as a Big Mac.
    And, a Side Salad with no dressing.
    If I must, I will get a small order of fries.

I remove bread from burger and throw it out. Then put burger "insides" on my side salad! I get my McD's fix without going over my calories.

Lucky for me since I have been dieting, I have only craved McDonalds once.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    If I did this (eat a whole meal from there), it would only make me disappointed in myself later. Afterall, I don't count anything as cheat days. This is a whole process, not a diet. I may eat more on certain days... but, I try not to eat them with junk food (empty calorie) carbs. They never satisfy me, and do make me overdo it (instead of just eating a little more).

With that said, though... I'm not perfect. If I have enough calories (or it wouldn't bring them over completely) at the end of the day, I may have a small frosty from Wendy's once in a while... but, that's pretty much it. Oh... and I did have 3 chicken strips from Chick-Fil-A one day. But, that's all.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't think it will make you want to eat more, but it might make you gain some water weight from the sodium.
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I saw the movie "supersize me" 7 years ago... haven't touched fast food since. Seriously, with all the care in the world, that food is crap.... not real food. It looks like food, may event taste like it. But, there are so many fake additives and crap in it that it is not real food. it is poison.

also, Has anyone ever noticed that the inside of a McDondalds smells like a fart?
  • purplepeonypanda
    Options
    Geez, there's a lot of food snobs on this board.

You can have anything you want on a cheat day. If it makes you fall off the wagon, then maybe cheat days aren't the best for you.

How about just a cheat meal? Eat a light breakfast, healthy lunch, then get your treat for dinner?

And keep in mind Supersize Me was made by someone who ate that three times a day for like a month. I don't know anyone who does that. Also, he's vegan and it was an ethical statement on his behalf too.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I can fit McDonalds into any day.
    Today i'm on a cut and about to eat an entire pizza.
    Eat what you want in a deficit to lose weight.
    Eat clean and be a macro god when in a surplus.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    can i have a mcdonalds cheeseburger on my cheat day or will it be too unhealthy and make me want to eat more ?

Yes, but you should have a cheat meal, not a cheat day. Cheating for an entire day could wipe out some of the hard work you put in during the previous six days.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    My cheat meal if I ever have the balls.

Hungry howie cheese steak
    Checkers wings
    Five guys huge burger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am pretty sure I will die.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    if its a cheat day then why not? thats what a cheat day is, eat what you want and get it out of your system so you're not depriving yourself. id say have what you want then the next day get back on track right away.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    ONLY IF YOU WANT TO RETAIN YOU FAT !cDonalds =FAT , no Mcdonalds = lose fat !!! Your choice
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • njgirl50
    njgirl50 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have had McDonald's - a small fry is 230 calories, hamburger is 250, and it wasn't a cheat day. I made sure I logged what I ate and adjusted my other meals accordingly. I just noticed that they have the calories each food on the menu which helps. I wouldn't eat it everyday, but I do like it once in awhile. Last week I went and had a small fry and a grilled chicken bacon ranch salad - meal was under 500 calories. If I go out to eat, which is rare as I am watching my sodium count, I try to look at the menu ahead of time so I know what I am getting when I get there - it helps me stay on track
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    ONLY IF YOU WANT TO RETAIN YOU FAT !cDonalds =FAT , no Mcdonalds = lose fat !!! Your choice

Pretty fear monger of you.
    Also pretty false.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    If you can't decide what to eat for yourself, I don't see much of a future for you in life.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Experiment with what works for you. If eating McDonald's and having cheat days are that important to you, find a way to make them work. If you find that a McDonald's meal leaves you feeling crappy, or causes you to binge, or destroys your willpower to get back to your plan the next day, maybe it isn't working. But if you can eat that and not suffer for it, well, you're an adult and you can make your own choices. Sure you can still lose weight, if losing weight is your primary goal.

I don't do fast food or plan cheat days for myself, but lots of people do and are still able to meet their individual goals.
  • tiamaria3
    tiamaria3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't eat McDonald's EVER ;) not only is it horribly unhealthy (fat, sodium, etc) ...the food quality is bad as well.

You're body is a temple... don't put that S*it in it! lol. If you really want a cheeseburger...make an amazing cheeseburger at home! They are so much tastier and then you can control what you put in it.

But in seriousness, if you want to have a cheat day. Eat a McDonalds cheeseburger... it is not going to derail much.. but I would consider going through drivethru and leaving. THEN if you do realize it tastes amazing...you can't have another.

Also, expect to have stomach knots and possibly be sitting on the toilet if you have not had McDonald's or greasy food in awhile. Take it from me...I made a similar mistake once. ;-)

I agree with this reply!!!! Don't do itttt :noway: have something else,i normally go for subway's at least in this case i'm not working toilet duties :laugh:
  • Kendi_Alyssa
    Options
    It's your cheat day so you can definitely do what you want, just make sure that one burger means only one :3 Though there are much tastier foods to have on your cheat day. On my first cheat day I had a ginormous calzone filled with mozzarella and ricotta cheese, and TONS of pepperonis.... It was awesome, but afterwards I was terrified that I gained weight.... But I hadn't because even though I had a cheat meal, I kept up my diet as usual for the rest of the week, so it should work out fine if you keep everything else up to your diet standards :D My second cheat meal was a giant piece of pizza and a cupcake, but I was at a theme park so I ended up getting some exercise to make up for it!

So in summation, I say go for it if it's truly what you want for your cheat meal, just make sure that you're good the rest of the week :) I'm sure you've worked really hard just like all the other lovely people here on MFP so you definitely deserve to have a cheat meal sometimes!
  • Cricket09
    Cricket09 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    McDonald's is super high in sodium and fat. I would cheat on something more tasty that wouldn't set you back as much. :happy: