When do you adjust your loss goal?

Options
Hello! I've got a quick question as I slowly make my way through my journey.

When do you adjust how much you want to lose each week?

I, personally, started in may with about 35kg (75lbs) to lose, and optimistically set it to 2lbs pr week. That was alright for about a month, but it was harder to stay within the constrainments, and so I lowered it to to 1.5lbs pr week. That left me with about 1490 cals pr day, and that was fine.

I've recently started a job as a salesclerk, and so I adjusted my goal accordingly, so it bumped me up to 1500cals again, but that is still at a loss of 1.5lbs pr week, although that I am not seeing.

I am wondering whether or not I should perhaps set it to 1lb per week? I have 23kg(50lbs) to go until I reach my ultimate goal, and I'm starting to wonder if maybe the 1.5lb a week is too optimistic?

Replies

• MrsNANSEE
    Options
    I think you have to go with what you are comfortable with.If a pound a week suits you and your lifestyle,i would say go with that.some weeks you may lose more! The pressure to lose 1.5lbs a week can just add to the pressure on you and you will get frustrated and throw in the towel all together xxxx
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Make sure your account i set up to lightly active as you are on your feet all day. Also, below is a general guideline. This is based on weight to a healthy range, not your goal. As your goal can been too aggressive.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.