Low Calorie Dinner Out

Options
Lisah8969
Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
Hello! I'm looking for some suggestions. Due to circumstances on Thursday nights, I can't eat at home. I have some time to kill between work and other obligations and I generally go to Panera Bread for dinner. I have the Asiago Roast Beef Sandwich (YUM!) and chips for 860 calories while I enjoy the free wi-fi to watch movies on my Kindle. But today I would like to try something new. Anyone have any suggestions? Somewhere in the 700 calorie range would be fine. Not fast food...I have no desire for that at all anymore. It can be a nicer sit down place or somewhere more casual like Panera. Wi-fi would be awesome, but I can always just read the books on my kindle to pass the time.

Thanks in advance for all the awesome suggestions I know I am going to get! :drinker:

Replies

• kayork
    kayork Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like Pot Belly's Salads. The Farm House Salad has lettuce, cucumbers, blue cheese crumble, bacon, hard boil eggs, grilled chicken, red onion, and tomatoes. I get the salad with the non-fat viniagrette and its around 580 calories.
  • kmmpink
    kmmpink Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Some of the entrees at noodles and company are within that calorie range, especially the small versions. I also like to order club sandwiches without mayo and either a side salad or soup. Soft shell chicken taco's are a yummy option too!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    You can get the Lasanga Classico lunch portion and have one breadstick for 720 calories at Olive Garden if you have one
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love Genghis Grill. Mongolian BBQ that you prepare yourself.

Take it easy on the meats and go wild on the veggies!! My wife and I go about once a week. Delish.

Their website is awesome for nutritional value os their ingredients and sauces. Make your best choices and enjoy!

They have brown rice to choose!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Chili's Guiltless Grill Sirloin and broccoli is around 300 calories, Margarita chicken is under 600 calories.

On the Border (my favorite) you can get 2 Tostadas for under 400 calories (I get the rice and bean on the side so I don't eat them).

Olive Garden I usually do the mushroom appetizer, a bowl of soup and a salad and that's not too high.

TGIFriday's is a lot harder but doable. Just look on their websites since the chains usually have their nutrition guide!!! Good luck!!!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Look at Panera Bread's menu. They do have lower calorie meals. I usually order a sandwich made of veggies.
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I go to Panera a lot - on my site, I listed the healthy food options at many restaurants and cafes (all 250 calories or less)

http://www.theskinnylist.com/tagged/meals-at-the-restaurant

For instance, at Panera you can have:

Half Smoked Turkey Breast on Country for 210 calories, 1.5g total fat, 16g protein
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    700 calories isn't exactly low, I don't think you'll have a problem if you search before hand. Try downloading the Calorie King app or just going to their website. They have the listings for most restaurants and it's very accurate
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Some good stuff to think about! And some places that i wish were near me! Thanks everyone.
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    I love going to Outback and having a 6oz sirloin with broccoli and that is about 400 cals! Add a salad and still under 700 cals.