My Second True NSV!

Options
I have been going to the gym pretty consistently since the beginning of August, and I am starting to notice a huge difference in my body but I still have ways to go.

There is a woman at the gym that I secretly crush on. I am not a lesbian but her body is absolutely perfect, especially her arms.

So last night, while I was in line to get water. This woman came up to me and said, "You have the most amazing butt I have ever seen." She caught me off guard! I was shocked that my crush came up to me and paid me a compliment!

I told her thank you, and smiled.

Maybe one day I will work up the courage to tell her something - I am a very shy person!

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Lol!!! this is such a cute post! and congrats on the butt comment! tee-hee-hee...maybe you two should form a gym-buddy relationship :)
  • Dyskolos
    Dyskolos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great story! That had to make you feel good about your progress. :smile:
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Compliment her on her arms...she'd love it. BTW its always good to hear about a nice butt. Great job!!!
  • RosaC773
    RosaC773 Posts: 126
    Options
    I plan to compliment her, I just need a good transition - I don't want her to think it was forced.

Any tips from you smooth talkers out there? lol
  • mypercent20
    Options
    This is easy. Think of how good her comment made you feel. Then think of making her feel that good too, with just one little comment. How can you deny her that much pleasure? (She is your 'crush', after all!)
  • RosaC773
    Options
    lol I am awful with live human interactions! I will do it the next time I see her.
  • Clovergirl17
    Options
    That is AWESOME! :) This analogy might help in the future:
    When I was in Community College, I took several Acting classes. We did several full-length plays, and being in those plays meant staying for hours in practice every day. Because I went to practice, I knew basically the whole script, forwards and backwards, even when we did a play that had little to no props and you had to mime everything! Then the night of the performance came around and as we are progressing through the play, it was obvious to everyone (or so I thought) that there were fumbles and screw-ups a plenty. It was glaringly obvious to me that people just didn't know some of their lines. However, my Mom came to the play but never sat in on any of the practices. She came up to me afterwards and told me that it was fantastic! I was confused because I noticed SEVERAL flaws. Then I realized that it looked perfect to my Mom because she never saw how it was *supposed* to be in practice; all she saw was the finished product the night of the show. I saw the flaws because I was in practice all the time.

We can relate this analogy to you and your crush. You see all the flaws in your body because you are there everyday in it, you see the progress you have made, but it is tempered by the seemingly many flaws and imperfections. Your crush on the other hand only sees the way you are now (ie the night of the show), and doesn't see those flaws that seem so glaringly obvious to you.

Keep up the great work! :)
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Awww, that's too cute! Congrats ;)
  • mypercent20
    Options
    You could just go for sincerity. Ask her if she does any particular exercises to get such nice arms. (And then tell ME how she got them, cuz I'm envious of nice arms, too.)
  • skinnynerd
    Options
    You could compliment her arms then ask about her routine. That way she knows it wasn't forced.
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    nice
  • MariahHubert
    MariahHubert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Tell her how great her arms look then ask her what workouts she does. That way it will seem like you are genuine.
  • RosaC773
    Options
    Great advice everyone! I will definitely consider these!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!