I'm new, too!

Hi everyone,
I just started entering my food intake and exercise on this site a couple of days ago. So far, I think that this site is pretty helpful. I had been keeping track by hand in a small notebook but I don't think that was as accurate.
My 35th birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and I just have to start to get into better shape. I'm hoping to lose about 50 lbs. at about 2 lbs. a week. I'm limited in my exercise methods since I have arthritis so I walk briskly for about 45 - 60 min. 6 nights a week.
Wish me luck!

Replies

• Hi everyone,
    I just started entering my food intake and exercise on this site a couple of days ago. So far, I think that this site is pretty helpful. I had been keeping track by hand in a small notebook but I don't think that was as accurate.
    My 35th birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and I just have to start to get into better shape. I'm hoping to lose about 50 lbs. at about 2 lbs. a week. I'm limited in my exercise methods since I have arthritis so I walk briskly for about 45 - 60 min. 6 nights a week.
    Wish me luck!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    You can do it. You sound very motivated to me. I am getting ready to turn 35 as well in a few weeks so best of luck for our soon to be birthdays. Here is to making our lives better one day at a time.

Eve
  • I have a little more to lose but hoping to do it at the same pace as you. I have given myself 9 months from yesterday, which happens to be my husband's birthday. :-) I am 37 and really wanting to get the extra weight off before I turn 40. It just keeps getting harder every year.

Let me know any way I can help you (encouragement, etc.) It is always nice to have support and I have read that people lose more weight that way.