Health (but tasty) dinner party ideas

chrissy_mills
chrissy_mills Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello everyone :)

I have just signed up here a couple of days ago, and am conscious that my birthday is coming up and I don't want to go off track. I had already organised for some friends to come over for a dinner party at my place. My dinner party foods are usually very tasty but also very high in fat. Any ideas for lower cal/fat but still tasty and impressive dinner party food? I'd prefer to steer clear of red meat and stick to chicken or fish.

Thanks a bunch!

Chrissy

Replies

• kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Someone just posted a fantastic looking chicken parmesan recipe in the recipe section today. There was also a spicy honey chicken one. Check out the recipe section. There are always yummy things there!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    If you need some appetizers try mixing fresh salsa & cream cheese together, then spreading it on a flour tortilla. You then wrap it up, and cut it for a pinwheel effect.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    www.realage.com has some great healthy recipes
  • We just had some friends over this past weekend & made pizzas. We have an Italian market in our town & they have packaged homemade super-thin crusts that are small enough to be personal size. You could have lots of different toppings & everyone could make their own. (Mine had veggies, banana peppers & little bit of feta...it was delicious.) Then those that aren't on a diet can put all the toppings & extra cheese they want! Have a big salad with it. The key is the thin crust if you can find it. It was really fun, too.
This discussion has been closed.