Motorcycles, zombies, and metal

Options
Hi everyone! I kind of just dove into the boards without really making an intro. :)

I'm Kristina, I'm 26 and from Michigan. I'm trying to lose some weight particularly before a cruise I'm going on in December, but I'd like to continue and move on to a healthier lifestyle. I've always focused primarily on exercising but didn't want to change the way I ate. Now I want to do both and see if I can get into the best shape of my life!

Motorcycles, zombies and metal music are my primary interests. :) I ride a 2005 pink Ninja 250 motorcycle, I'm in love with zombie movies (and of course The Walking Dead), and rock and metal music motivates me when working out (KoRn is my favorite band ever). I'm also a big computer geek - I was the only woman in my old company's IT department for years, and I left to focus on my web development business.

Would love some friends who like to motivate each other and maybe chat about the aforementioned interest. :)

Replies

• kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I can chat with you about zombies and motorcycles. I ride a 1986 honda rebel 450, and I run a group in colorado called the Graveyard Betties. It's a women's group where we practice archery and gun sports while aiming at zombie targets. I would like to get in shape and get my group to do the zombie runs in some sort of group uniform.
  • drpleiades
    drpleiades Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    great to hear you wanting to have a new lifestyle. Same things happened to me, when I wanted to lose weight I would work out, go running, cycling and all that jazz but never focus on my diet and so it never worked out for me. Now I am working out and really focusing on what I eat and its been good so far. One of the reasons I started this was because of Motorbikes, I was hitting a platue at the track and would just get tired trying move around on the bike and getting body position right. So wanted to slim down to go faster haha, I currently have an 07 GSXR-750.
  • TheOrangeViolin
    Options
    Hello ALL! I'm looking for some friends to help with motivation too... I'm currently 28, 6' 2'' and weight right at 250lbs. I have slimmed down and regained weight several times over the past few years. I'm trying to slim down and keep it off by posting as often as possible. I ride a restored 94 Yamaha Vmax 1200, which is metallic, burnt orange. (I do live in Texas, but I'm not a UT fan...) Also have a hopped up VW beetle, and have grown up around hot rods of all kinds. I come from a family of Oldsmobile and Camaro owners, and rrecently got rid of my 1950 Olds Rocket. Aside from anything with a motor, I really enjoy traveling, hiking, camping, hunting, and almost anything else outdoors. Zombies are one of my favorite topics, and I think the game Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare is totally awesome. In addition, my favorite zombie movies are "Sean of the Dead" and "Zombie Land".

If you are also looking for encouragement feel free to send me a message or friend request or both...