Popeyes chicken without the skin is OK to eat, right?

Options
As long as I take the skin of the chicken it should be ok ,right? Plus I have the side of green beans (that's good right?)

So I have convinced myself its a healthy trade off , of tasting good and being good/ok for me. :-)

I'm still working on the argument to explain how eating the skin after I have finished the chicken is okay as well. (I'm still hungry and it tastes so good).

No surprise I gained back 18 lbs.

What time do they open today......

Replies

• gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    As long as I take the skin of the chicken it should be ok ,right? Plus I have the side of green beans (that's good right?)

So I have convinced myself its a healthy trade off , of tasting good and being good/ok for me. :-)

I'm still working on the argument to explain how eating the skin after I have finished the chicken is okay as well. (I'm still hungry and it tastes so good).

No surprise I gained back 18 lbs.

What time do they open today......
    If you don't do it all the time, I wouldn't sweat it. Fast food is never the greatest choice and I'm sure you could find a comparable baked chicken recipe that would mimic the texture and flavor of a good friend chicken without the extra unhealthy fats. But I find healthy habits to be unsustainable if I make rules about how I can't ever have this or that thing. Tomorrow night I'm having fast food, probably KFC because they brought back the chicken little and I want one. I'm considering the pizza place up the street as well. I haven't had fast food in...so long I can't remember, because it's more expensive but also because my eating habits have just changed over time since I became more conscientious about the calories and ingredients.
  • ascotton80
    ascotton80 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If I was going to take the skin off of fried chicken, I just wouldn't bother. i'd bake myself a piece of chicken at home.
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Probably not. I just looked at their website and the fact that it contains trans fats - that already made me shudder. Also, much of the oil probably seeps in when it gets deep fried.