48 and over worked!

Options
Hi, Just joined myfitnesspal. What a great site! Trying to lose weight....obviously....but need to make some permanent life style changes. My Mom moved in with us last summer with the early stages of Alzheimers, my husband was diagnosed three years ago with Fibromyalgia and suffers from pain and migraines....just a question from day to day how much pain he is in (functional and non-functional days). I'm the major income earner and Work, on average, 60 hours per week at a high stressed job and have two teenagers! Haven't made myself a priority in years...need to start orking out and taking better care of myself so I can be there for my family. God help us if something were to happen to me! Any ideas, recipes, motivating sentiments are very welcome!

Replies

• Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Come here & relax & get inspiration to take care of yourself for a change.
    It's never easy. You just have to do it.
  • rlinson
    rlinson Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow Michelle - I would say that you do need to take some time for yourself - I am sure you need it. I have been on this site for 2 weeks now. I am 47 and looking to lose around 40 lbs. Check the Community tab for forums on recipes and encouragement etc..
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Michelle it's hard to find time for oneself I know. But you will be a better care giver for everyone. Sorry to hear about your husband (I know it's a painful disease) and I can't imagine what your going through with your mom. One thing that helps me is imagining myself healthier and thinner. I also say to myself during workouts that I've giving birth twice and I can pretty much stand anything.
    Good luck to you on your journey.