Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fitness gadgets

So I'm looking to A) Get into running, verrrry slowly and B) lose weight. I've done lots of reading and am going to purchase a Polar FT7 HRM.
In addition to that, which will be my main measure of calorie burning etc I also really like the idea of some kind of step and sleep tracking gadget, I was really intrigued by the fitbit, and I can get the $99 one for half price, but after reading other's reviews I'm not so sure. Then I was thinking of getting a BodyMedia Fit but I didn't know there was a subscription as well. I *am* a person who's really motivated by silly little online medals and such so maybe the fitbit would be the way to go, but then I worry about the people who've said it was way off.

Replies

• panda007dammit
    panda007dammit Posts: 36 Member
    Honestly, if that fitbit is going to motivate you and it's not going to set you back financially to buy it, go for it. If you are motivated by online medals, then go earn yourself a ton of them. My roommate really loves her fitbit and it's actually inspired her to go for a walk later in the day when she wasn't happy with the number it was giving her. That's exactly what it's for.
  • CMich76
    CMich76 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm a BodyMedia fan as you know, but for half price the fitbit is not a bad option. Just get a warranty. :uh

Seriously though, I think ALL of those devices (except maybe a heart rate monitor) are going to be off when doing certain kinds of exercises such as strength training and weights. I'd think during a run it would be as accurate as ever.