Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I really need this - Support would be greatly appreciated!

Good morning,

I started counting calories a week ago. Finally had the nerve to step on a scale this morning. I could not believe it. I weight 203.2 lbs. This is the heaviest I have ever been. I am 5'4" I want to cry everytime I think of it.

This is what my past week has consisted of.

1200 calories a day
workout 5 days a week. 50 mins (30 elliptical & 20 treadmill)
Weight training twice a week

Now that I know my weight has gotten completely out of hand, I am determined. I refuse to allow this to get any worse.

I have been reading the board and finally decided to join. I am excited and hope to make some great friends here.

Please add me. I need the motivation.

Thanks!

Vicky

Replies

• joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Feel free to add me I am on similar journey but I started out in worse shape than you!
  • TheCandel
    TheCandel Posts: 30 Member
    If I can offer any advice, it would be to write down everything! how you feel, what you are doing, how certain foods make you feel, epiphany's etc. This is the process of learning to listen to your body. Don't freak out when you see the scale jump up and down a few pounds. There are a lot of factors that come into that such as water retention and muscle gain etc...
  • The same thing happened to me. I went to the doctor and when they told me I weighed 169lbs I wanted to DIE!!!! I have been so motivated since last Tuesday when I got the news. I have been to the gym 6 out of the last 10 days and I have been on top of my calorie intake. I would be more than happy to provide you with support because I know it's need. YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT!!!!!!:wink:
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Cutting down to 1200 right off the bat may be the wrong thing to do, it's a big change from the ammount you're used to and that ammount of weight won't come off in a few weeks. So chances are you'll either give up because you're that hungry and not seeing results or you get used to 1200 really fast, still don't see the results and decide to consistantly eat less than 1200 and starve yourself. I wish you the best of luck, but just as you don't run a marathon at full **** because you'll die after the first km. you really should pace yourself for this goal. Think marathon not sprint, no offense meant by that but it is going to take time. You're welcome to add me if you like, I do want to see you succeed, I only tell you this for your own good, feel free to ignre it ^_^
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    You're starting about where I started: 5'3", 201 pounds. I was even too mortified to even admit to my husband that I weighed that much. Fortunately, I was "fit/fat" and was able to exercise pretty rigorously in addition to watching what I ate. I am down over 20 pounds in 4 1/2 months. Just take it one day at a time!

When I first started, I realized it would take me a year to get to where I wanted to be and I was really discouraged. But then I realized that if I did nothing, I'd still be over 200 pounds in a year. So I decided to get going - and I'm SO glad I did.
  • hjsalas
    hjsalas Posts: 13 Member
    Good Morning! I started at 209.5...and I'm 5'3. I didn't realize my weight had increased so much! I had trouble at 1st staying under 1200 calories, so I dropped it from losing 2 lbs a week to 1 lb a week and ate 1500 calories a day. But, I was disappointed to only lose 1 lb a week...so I've dropped my calorie intake to around 1300! Good Luck with your weight loss!!

Heidi :)
  • Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    I know what you mean. I'm 5'2" and was at 220! Happily down 23 as of today. I would caution you on your calories to find your bmr and your tdee and not cut them too low or you won't lose anything. Check out fat2fit.com and their calculators...big help to me. I was stuck and increased my calories and boom...I'm losing again! Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • Thank you! I will not ignore it. I appreciate help and advice. I want to do this the right way.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    You're welcome, glad I didn't offend. Jut done an hour of zumba and for some reason sweating and panting seems to turn off my niceness filter and I just type as I think which can come off the wrong way sometimes lol. But I really do wish you all the bet with this, you can do it if you stick to your guns. It might take a while but...well you've got a cheerleading team of at least one rooting for you. ^_^
  • You will get there if you don't give up! Added you as a friend, I'll cheer you on!
  • HAHA! Thanks! I am already feeling better. I am happy to find such good people to help me through this. Wish everyone the best of luck! :happy:
  • You can do it!! I felt the same way when I started! I didn't limit what I ate, I just logged it in. It's amazing the snacks I wouldn't eat because I'd have to log it in if I ate it. The pounds started coming off, I started feeling better. I just recently started watching the calorie intake, and paying serious attention to it. Go your own pace. You can do it!! Lots of support is available from other members. Anyone can feel free to add me. :)