just don't feel like it

Options
having one of those days where i am just tired and do not want to work out. played wii sport s for a while to burn some calories...figured that was better than nothing. does not help that i think i am getting sick...bleh

Replies

• Anumie23
    Anumie23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I definitely have those days. Sometimes I fight through it and work out anyway and other days I just make sure that my diet is really on point so me not exercising for that day doesn't make a huge impact. Take a day and rest, especially if your getting sick, and get back on the horse when your feeling well.

And remember, any movement is good movement!
  • JBRENTLINGER
    Options
    Wii Fit has really helped me on days where I am not motivated to jog or lift weights. I end up doing it for an hour and begore you know it I have burned over 200 calories.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I have made rules to force myself to do some level of exercise. The rules I'm using right now require that at my exercise time (currently 5:10 AM) I get up, dress in my work out clothes (pj bottoms, trainers, t-shirt) and get onto the elliptical machine. I must stay on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes but actually moving isn't required.

As you can imagine - standing still on the elliptical for 30 minutes is pretty boring so moving a little will happen. So far I've been able to get myself from standing to working without a problem but getting myself from warm bed to elliptical would be impossible!

Back in 2004 (last time I was in shape) I had a rule that I could only listen to books on tape if I was walking (at any speed) on the treadmill. I got action thrillers or mysteries and since I wanted to hear more, I would stay on for the next CD.

Sometimes you have to just play games with yourself !!!

Good luck!:drinker:
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Sometimes your body needs a rest, do some light yoga. It might motivate you to keep going, it might not. If anything it will make you feel good :)
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Back in 2004 (last time I was in shape) I had a rule that I could only listen to books on tape if I was walking (at any speed) on the treadmill. I got action thrillers or mysteries and since I wanted to hear more, I would stay on for the next CD.

Sometimes you have to just play games with yourself !!!

Good luck!:drinker:

This is a great idea!!! I love reading but can hardly follow a book when doing cardio, listening to the book will keep me on the bike longer!!! Hummmm.....I like it!!! :happy: