I WILL be 155

I was a fat kid. Probably because I lived on soda and ate snacks constantly. Seriously, it was not outside the norm for me to go to school, come home and eat a bowl of sour cream and onion dip, then overportion myself with dinner. Hell, I used to eat 9 pancakes for breakfast like it was nothing, so long as there was bacon next to, of course.

The very worst weight I can remember was a year after college in 2005. I was tipping the scales at 225, wearing 38-inch pants. It was embarrassing. So I bought an elliptical and worked hard to get down to about 180 and 32-inch jeans.

About a year later, I struggled with depression and found myself at the unhealthy side of 169 (skinny, sickly, not eating, etc). And that's when I started drinking heavily. Add an interest in cooking to the mix, and I got up to 210 last January. Ever since then, I've been between 200 and 210 regularly, but unhappily.

Right now, I'm healthy. No depression for awhile, alcohol under control. I work out almost every day be it through yoga or running, which I took up in 2010 when I quit smoking. I'm also "somewhat happy." I'm here so that I can stop saying "somewhat."

After weighing myself earlier this year, I decided to get serious about losing weight and being happier. I'm happy to say I've lost about 10 lbs. since then with a renewed drive and some recharged batteries. I'm also ready to change my diet permanently and, when it's time to treat myself, I still want to be working out to make up for it. I want to be thin for the first time in my life. That 169 was sickly because I wasn't taking care of myself. My goal weight is to be a balanced 155.

Wish me luck!

- Ryan

Replies

• _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    welcome ryan!!

good luck on your journey... we were all there. binge after binge.

you WILL be 155!!
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Ryan, I wish you well and good luck with your quest. Willpower and commitment are the keys. You can do it if you put your mind in the right track to DO it. Good luck.
  • rynomite57
    rynomite57 Posts: 61 Member
    Thanks for the support! I actually feel lazy when I don't work out and I feel stupid when I binge, so I just need to stay on myself! Maybe I'll get the girlfriend running sooner than later too.