What in the world is up with....

Options
All the stinking McDonald's threads today? Do people think because the news feed is down that whatever calories they eat just don't count!? LOL.

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Now that you mentioned it, yeah I have seen a lot of mcdonalds topics today... haha, and oddly I still don't crave it.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    That **** is ****ing nasty.

But a fine delicacy when drunk!
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options

I could not disagree more...it was chemically invented to taste like heaven for a reason. When I hear people say "oh now I can taste how bad this stuff is", they are just trying to fool themselves. It tastes better, higher calorie food typically does...but if that is what people need to tell themselves to say no...so be it. :)

Personally I follow IIFYM so if I want a burger, I'll grab a burger. :)
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options

I could not disagree more...it was chemically invented to taste like heaven for a reason. When I hear people say "oh now I can taste how bad this stuff is", they are just trying to fool themselves. It tastes better, higher calorie food typically does...but if that is what people need to tell themselves to say no...so be it. :)

I'm the same way with IIFYM. I just think McDonald's food is nasty. If I want a burger, I'll get a REAL burger, from a restaurant. Or in a pinch, Five Guys.

THOSE are burgers, and those are worth the calories/fat. McD's is not.
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

It does taste good but I think after you start eating better you really start to notice the texture, horrible bread that just mushes in your mouth and just a general sloppy texture. I would rather have a burger from the chippy or kebab shop nowadays.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I could not disagree more, because I am one that thinks McD tastes like crap. Because it is crap. If I want a burger I have a burger. But I sure as heck wouldn't go to McD to get it. I'd either fix it myself or go to a steak house or other restaurant that knows what a burger is. High calorie or not, IMO a burger is not a patty so thin you can read through it on a bun that barely resembles bread, that's been sitting under a heat lamp, and the only toppings are ketchup, mustard and reconstituted dried onions. :sick:

When I have a burger, I have a real burger. With freshly cooked meat on good bread, with veggie toppings in nice proportion to the meat and good cheese (not a slice of processed cheese product).