I'm a couple weeks, good progress!!

Hey there everyone, my name is George O. I have weighed in at 234 lbs this morning (10/18/12), so far I'm down from 245 so I'm really excited. Now I am reaching to the community, to try and find some help and motivation and maybe some tips to help me stay the course.

Any advise on helping me get to my goal weight (160) it will be greatly appreciated and reciprocated in the future!:smile::smile:

Replies

• Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Congrats on the weight loss. :) Hopefully that helps keep you motivated to continue on a healthy path to losing weight.
  • anniebanknote
    anniebanknote Posts: 10 Member
    Keep up the good work! You can totally do this!
  • dynad
    dynad Posts: 85 Member
    Congrats and welcome, I crry a reality picture of me, I figure if I can't stand to look at no one will LOL. Read the Sucess stories they are awesome.
  • Clowasa
    Clowasa Posts: 47
    Congratulations on the weight loss!

In terms of staying on track and getting to your goal weight I'd recommend getting a bike (if you don't have one already). Wether you go for long rides or just use it to get from point A to B, it's a great way to burn calories, not to mention it'll save you some cash. It may seem like a lot of work at first but after a while you'll wonder why you ever travelled any other way. I've been cycling for about 3 years now and it really helps me maintain my weight and keep my muscles strong. Hope that helps, good luck, and feel free to add me.
  • congratulations. The way i've always delt it to realise that one bad day doesn't ruin anything. it's that one slip up that normaly makes people quit thinking well i've already ruined today i might as well... then it just continues. just remember whats happened has happened let carry on as if it hasn't. you are doing so well if you want to add me as feel free.
  • Good job.

I've had a simple weight loss journey.

I'm 5'10 and at my heaviest I was 230 lbs. My lowest was 160-165. I gained 30-35 lbs back over two years of not really maintaining.

Biggest tips, keep tracking tracking tracking your food consumption.

I HATE running, but took jogging/running up and it really helped me. This time, I have added weight lifting into my routine and has helped me!

Keep it up,

jeremy
  • goffley3
    goffley3 Posts: 68 Member
    Thanks a lot,

I find that keeping track of EVERYTHING is the best way to keep me honest and on track. And i'd love to get a bike and give that a try for exercising when I'm not trying to exercise (if that makes sense)