**Question's Only**

Replies

• mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Can I tell you that I laughed when I made that comment about metric conversion this morning too? And just to confirm, I know that not all Canadians say ehhh....
  • willisda
    willisda Posts: 2,251 Member
    Can I tell you that I laughed when I made that comment about metric conversion this morning too? And just to confirm, I know that not all Canadians say ehhh....

Don't we all? Are you sure? Seriously....laughed right out loud.
  • willisda
    Can I tell you I am guilty?
  • mjpTennis
    Can I tell you I am guilty?
    Do you know how excited that makes me? This is my second favorite accent behing the British.
  • willisda
    Can I tell you that eh is not an accent?.... Isn't it a pseudo word?
  • mjpTennis
    Indeed.....Is French spoken alot in your area too?
  • mjpTennis
    If Canada had their own Grand Slam Tennis Tounament, perhaps the accent would be my favorite?
  • willisda
    Indeed.....Is French spoken alot in your area too?

Why is it that Americans don't really know a lot about us? Isn't French mostly spoken in Quebec and in New Brunswick? Here, we all take French in school, but it is not spoken.

Grand Slam? The Rogers Cup is the closest thing we have unfortunately. Guess we'll always be 2nd best in your book....
  • mjpTennis
    Why is it that Americans don't really know a lot about us? Isn't French mostly spoken in Quebec and in New Brunswick? Here, we all take French in school, but it is not spoken.

Grand Slam? The Rogers Cup is the closest thing we have unfortunately. Guess we'll always be 2nd best in your book....
    DIdn't you know the Rogers Cup is on my bucket list? Probably cheaper than going to the US Open....well before I knew you it was cheaper.....the extra dinner, drinks, and tix for you....? I am guessing you are closer to the Women's tournament vs the mens?
  • mjpTennis

And would a quick apology suffice? Do you know that each of my trips to Canada have included speaking French seeing how Montreal is my usual getaway?
  • apg2302
    apg2302 Posts: 667
    Is it me or do Canadians have more of a British like grasp on sarcastic humour than the majority of Americans?
  • willisda
    Is it me or do Canadians have more of a British like grasp on sarcastic humour than the majority of Americans?

Don't you boys know that Canadians are awesome?
  • willisda

DIdn't you know the Rogers Cup is on my bucket list? Probably cheaper than going to the US Open....well before I knew you it was cheaper.....the extra dinner, drinks, and tix for you....? I am guessing you are closer to the Women's tournament vs the mens?

Shouldn't you do this? And don't they alternate each year between Toronto and Montreal for the men's? I am only 2 hrs.SW of Toronto. Aren't you nice to think of taking me???
  • apg2302
    apg2302 Posts: 667
    I'd have to agree with this, but have also met some equally awesome Americans in my time too.
    Is it strange that France is only 26 miles from the UK, yet the majority of typical Brits don't speak the language at all?
  • mjpTennis
    Shouldn't you do this? And don't they alternate each year between Toronto and Montreal for the men's? I am only 2 hrs.SW of Toronto. Aren't you nice to think of taking me???
    I was remembering the women are in Toronto this year. Do you have a preference...watching the women or the men this year?
  • willisda
    I was remembering the women are in Toronto this year. Do you have a preference...watching the women or the men this year?

Don't I really just want to watch Roger play? He doesn't usually come to Toronto.... boo
  • willisda
    I'd have to agree with this, but have also met some equally awesome Americans in my time too.
    Is it strange that France is only 26 miles from the UK, yet the majority of typical Brits don't speak the language at all?

But the water that separates the two countries makes it difficult to hear across, doesn't it?
  • mjpTennis

Don't I really just want to watch Roger play? He doesn't usually come to Toronto.... boo
    Just confirmed on his website that he is planning to play in Montreal this year. Interested?
  • willisda

Just confirmed on his website that he is planning to play in Montreal this year. Interested?

Wouldn't I love to?
  • mjpTennis
    YOu may have to speak French in my company though? or a few ehhhs?