Micronutrients anyone?

Hey all. I've seen many posts on calories and macros. Are there any people here trying to EAT as much of their micronutrients as possible. Can you discuss your success rate and best practices... challenges? I know I'm challenged getting all my iron and potassium on a regular basis. I also had to add meat/dairy back into my diet and increase whole grains to meet my B vitamin needs.

Replies

• ThatNeuroGuy
    ThatNeuroGuy Posts: 16 Member
    I meet my micros by taking many of them in supplement form.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member

this.

I try to eat well during the day. and get my macros where I need them, then I eat a multi
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    It's a challenge, you can spend hours on nutrient databases trying to hit everything in your food. Supplements or diet products that are loaded up are certainly simpler.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    If you are eating a restricted calorie diet, such as what you need to do to lose weight, it is exceedingly difficult if not impossible to meet every dietary nutritional recommendation. Supplements are pretty standard fare. Believe me, I tried to do it without supplements and found it not possible on a weight loss or even maintenance diet. I eat very clean, but it's not enough.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member

Me Too! I take lots - o - pills :-o....
    multi
    C
    D+calcium
    sometimes E
    iron
    flaxseed oil
    fish oil
    green tea extract

lol I'm only sure of the multi, C, and calcium benefits....I just take the others for piece of mind :P
  • Thanks everyone. I guess I was trying to find people who actively try to eat micros and then supplement where needed. I appreciate the responses though.