QUESTION/NEW TO SITE

Options
2»

Replies

• mummykira
    Options
    i like to drink milk i know it's weird but it fills me up and i dont want to snack also i would chew gum, not overly profetional but i got pulled up on it before i just said i was trying doing it to help me lose weight and the boss turned round and said well good for you, keep it up.
  • hathor1943
    hathor1943 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    A really healthy snack is to have plain Greek yogurt with a bit of sugar free caramel flavoring mixed in it and dip apple slices in it. You won't believe how good this is. Just make sure the yogurt has 22 or 23 grams of protein in it. Protein makes muscle and helps burn fat. This is also a good way to get more fruit in your diet. You can also mix some yogurt with Mrs. Grass Chipolte seasoning in it to make a spicy dip for veggies. I had to add a little Splenda to mine as it was too tart for me.
  • shellihooten
    Options
    Gum to keep your mouth busy, lots of mfp searching to keep your fingers busy and lots and lots of water! I sit all day too and everyone has cookie and candy jars on their desk!! :devil:
    It gets easier.

Hang on a minute:
    RAW nuts & seeds are a healthy snack. NOT salted in-shell seeds or nuts, they have MASSIVE amounts
    of sodium. Not good for you!

Chewing gum with fresh brushed teeth in between meals/snack DOES help along with drinking water.

Healthy snacks:
    *1/4 cup of humus along with a half dozen baby carrots & some celery sticks goes a LONG way in holding you
    over for the 3 hours until next meal time.
    *1 apple cored/sliced along with a small handful(8-10) of raw almonds is super good & filling.
    *Cucumber sliced up with a string cheese

*Whole grains. WHITE anything gives you a 'sugar high' and makes you ravenous in no time. Not to mention adds a lot of FAT onto the body.

Lastly, MIND OVER MATTER, you have to get your mind made up that YOU ARE WORTH the effort! Be strong and make GOOD choices, before long you will feel so much better and it gets easier & easier!

Good luck!