Peanut Butter Noodles

Options
jessmomof3
jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
I've been looking for an awesome PB noodle recipe and have tried out a couple. This is my *tweaked* version. They turned out awesome! You can add veggies and I had it with chicken. Yum yum! You can use whatever pasta you like, I like the thicker linguine of fettuccine but have also made them with angel hair pasta.

13.25 oz box Ronzoni Healthy Harvest whole wheat linguine (dry)
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
6 Tablespoons natural style crunchy peanut butter
2 Tablespoons ground ginger
2 Tablespoons honey
5 Tablespoons lite soy sauce
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
green onions, as garnish

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.

2. Add noodles and cook until tender according to package directions. Drain.

3. Combine chicken broth, peanut butter, ginger, honey, soy sauce, and garlic in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until peanut butter melts and is heated through. Add noodles, and toss to coat. Garnish with and peanuts and green onions if desired. Makes 8 servings.

I entered the nutrition info at Sparkrecipes.com and here is the info! It's in the database under Jess's homemade Peanut butter noodles. Enjoy!!

Peanut Butter Noodles (whole wheat)

8 Servings

Amount Per Serving

Calories 269.9

Total Fat 9.4 g

Saturated Fat 1.0 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 3.2 g

Monounsaturated Fat 3.9 g

Cholesterol 0.0 mg

Sodium 569.3 mg

Potassium 38.8 mg

Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g

Dietary Fiber 6.0 g

Sugars 5.1 g

Protein 10.1 g

Vitamin A 0.0 %

Vitamin B-12 0.0 %

Vitamin B-6 0.0 %

Vitamin C 0.3 %

Vitamin D 0.0 %

Vitamin E 0.0 %

Calcium 2.7 %

Copper 0.0 %

Folate 24.8 %

Iron 9.4 %

Magnesium 0.0 %

Manganese 0.0 %

Niacin 16.6 %

Pantothenic Acid 0.0 %

Phosphorus 0.0 %

Riboflavin 12.4 %

Selenium 0.0 %

Thiamin 33.1 %

Zinc 0.0 %

Replies

• stephjohnny
    stephjohnny Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Reminds me of my favorite peanut butter chicken at my local Chinese restaurant.
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good! I made something similar to this a few days ago only I used soynut butter (my son has a severe peanut allergy so I don't like using peanut butter) and I added some red chili flakes for some heat. I didn't have any honey in mine, might have to try that.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Reminds me of my favorite peanut butter chicken at my local Chinese restaurant.

That's exactly what it reminds me of. MUCH healthier too! I added chicken in to it and it was delicious!
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great recipe. I tweaked it a bit. Instead of brocolli, I added a handful of green peas. Both my husband and myself really enjoyed it for supper tonight. A keeper!!
  • amy_marie
    amy_marie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Bump!