Body Bugg vs. Bodymedia

Options
Ok, I know this has probably been posted a hundred times, but.....now MFP connects with the BodyMedia. So here is my question, I have the old style Body Bugg (the one that does not connect to a phone) and I pretty much love the information I get from it (when I wear it), but now MFP connects with BodyMedia, which is basically the same as the Body Bugg, right?

Would it be wise to switch over to BodyMedia or wait and maybe MFP will connect with the Body Bugg, or will I need the upgraded one that links with a phone anyhow??

Money is tight, but my health is important to me and it really has helped me having all these tools available and I know I'd love to have my exercise results connected with MFP and since the cold weather is coming more of my exercising will be done on a treadmill and stationary bike, so my other apps I have for walking outside won't help much.

Any information anyone has will highly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sherry

Replies

• SherrysLife2012
    Options
    And I just wanted to add, I hate the website for the BodyBugg, I never use it, only to get my calories burned....the food logging part really sucks. So it would be awesome to have my actual calories burned on MFP.

Anyone who has the Body Media connected with MFP, do you like it.....does it show actual calories burned in the day vs. calories ate? Does it do away with the estimate MFP gives you?

thanks,
    Sherry
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I made the switch and it was well worth it. The website still sucks for logging food, but allowed for entering a daily estimate easier...but none of that matters with the mfp integration ...I'm so stoked. The other aspects of the BodyMedia website are a trillion times better than BodyBugg with graphs and downloads into excel.

I told myself that it will pay for itself. The subsciption fee is $6.95/month, but you get 3 months free. The BodyBugg site was $9.95/month. So when my renewal was up, I made the switch.

The BodyMedia also has a sleep function and is smaller.

Do it, you won't regret it!