Vomitting up multivitamin tablet??? HELP

Options
nixism
nixism Posts: 258 Member
Hey guys, I took my first multi vitamin tablet this morning, with food as direct (eggs and toast)... within a few mins I got massively nauseas and had to run to the bathroom and spewed up (sorry TMI).

Does anyone else feel this way from having a vitamin tablet?

Should I track my breakfast if it all came up anyways?

Any advice?
Many thanks,
Nixism

Replies

• GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Iron can make some people nauseous. Maybe try an iron-free multi vitamin, or a whole foods multivitamin. Cheap multivitamins, have the cheapest sources of said vitamins. Some are not easy to absorb, and some can make you sick to your stomach. I like rainbow light brand. A lot of people think it doesnt make a difference, but I think it does to some people.

If that doesnt work try a childrens chewable vitamin a couple times a day. Maybe a lower dose vitamin will be more tolerable.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I don't take them - they are bad for you - if you eat right you do not need them
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    Try taking them at night to see if you notice a difference. I like to take mine before bed. First thing in the morning, I feel sick.
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You could also take your vitamin after a heavier meal, like dinner, and see what happens. A full stomach might alleviate the nausea.
  • gtlightning98
    gtlightning98 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Take it after eating...wait 30 minutes or an hour. I've thrown up taking them on an empty stomach.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Iron in multivitamins makes a lot of people sick or nauseated. It's better if you take it after a full meal but I can't even tolerate that. If you eat nutritiously you shouldn't need a multivitamin.
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Swallowing multi vitamin pills make me sick... but chewing the gummy bear type ones done. Maybe try that instead?
  • nixism
    Options
    And do I track my breakfast if I threw it up???
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I agree...take it after a bigger meal...and about 20 min after eating it.....

I too can not handle them in the morning and definately can not handle them on a empty stomach
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Iron messes with people. I eat a bit, take pill and eat a bit more. Sandwiching it in food helps me.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You should not need a multi-vitamin if you eat a balanced diet.
    However, if you feel you must have it, take it at night, after dinner.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    are you allergic to anything? are you taking your vitamin with water?

I know that when I ran out of my multi-vitamin, I switched to my kids' Flintstones chewables. I kinda miss them.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Try taking it with a larger meal. I usually take my calcium pills with dinner to prevent nausea.

As for logging breakfast. If it didn't stay down for at least 30 minutes, I wouldn't log it.
  • nixism
    Options
    I do eat well, but I was just trying to "top things up", as I have been tired lately etc... I don't want to keep being sickk like that though, not a good way to start the day at all!
  • nadz6012
    nadz6012 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've had this happen to me also ( Great Value Brand). First time it happened, I had taken it with breakfast and before I even left for work I had thrown everything back up. I switched to One a Day and I can take it whenever I want without feeling nauseous.
  • nixism
    Options
    Breakfast was down for all of about 5 mins...
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    And do I track my breakfast if I threw it up???

Yes.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Iron can do that to you. I take the gummies w/no issues. Taking it before bed would be another alternative.
  • nixism
    Options
    This brand was Elevit (not the pregnancy one) - just the normal one for "busy women"...
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It happened to me. I read "it starts with food". I learned that we could get lots of vitamins from veggie and meat's fats and they are farrrrrrr better than the supplement vitanmins. I only take Omega 3 vitamins to grow my muscles.