"1 Simple Rule" (Flat Stomach - huh?)

Options
cmriverside
cmriverside Posts: 33,948 Member
Will someone who has good spyware/phishing/antivirus software PLEASE click on one of those ads?

Ya know, the "Follow this one simple rule and lose 20 pounds of stomach fat a day" ads?

I reeeeeeealy wanna know how. But not bad enough to fall for it...........:noway: :laugh:

Replies

• Ms_Lady
    Ms_Lady Posts: 31
    Options
    I read one of those, and it's all about that daggum Acai berry. WhatEVER! I tried the juice, and it just wasn't for me--very bitter and THICK. I guess you have to try it to see if you like it. But, basically, it's a fad. The Acai berry itself may be a good antioxidant, but there's not a product on the market that has the PURE Acai berry available to a consumer. So, if they want to get you to try and starve your way to losing 20 pounds of belly fat by drinking this "magic" juice, then count me out....:wink:
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I've been curious about those, too.:laugh: Ms_Lady, I'm glad you shared your "research":wink: with us. I've been skeptical about the acai stuff.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    :flowerforyou: AH-HA! I can't believe it would be a SCAM. Yeah, like the "A Mom discovers a free way to whiten her teeth"

I fell for that one! DO NOT be as stupid as me. I spent months trying to erase the hundreds of dollars of charges that one "click" caused me. And had to change my credit card # and bank accounts.. . . . . it was icky. :embarassed:

Thanks for being the "one" who knows!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I asked one of my doctors about that Acai nonsense, and he said "Oooh," *sarcastically* "It has antioxidants. So do pomegranates, so do nuts, so bananas, so does peppers"
    Yeah, big deal. Acai weight loss products can stick it where the sun don't shine. :oP
  • meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    They are getting your attention and thats about all! I went on it before its for the Acai berry drink or pill w.e. Its definetly a scam. If it was that easy to get a flat stomach, MFP wouldnt even have a website haha. Remember the 48 Hollywood Fruit Drink, it was all you could have for 2 days...riduclous haha! Ill stick to stuffing my face with salads and fruits and get my *kitten* sweating and feel GREATTTT afterwards :)
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I'm pretty sure most of these ads aren't on the Consumer Reports "Buy" list.

But if it keeps MFP free, I can resist the click. Someone's got to pay the bills.
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    I don't know if it's the same ad you're talking about, but there's one that's like, "eat junk food every other day" subscribing to the philosophy that by doing this you can "shock" your metbolism into melting pounds. Bollocks!

I think they should tax the hell outta these gimmicky weight loss things (and fast food for that matter.) Or make them illegal. Or something. Mainly because they just friggin bother me.

(...part of why they bother me so much is that I WISH SO BAD that they were true and not lying liars who lie! Oh, God, couldn't you have blessed me with some special, secret metabolic gift that would allow me to eat pizza and beer and chinese food and rye and martinis and coquito and WIPPED CREAM all the time and still lose weight without getting off the couch? Is that really so much to ask?)
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Oh, God, couldn't you have blessed me with some special, secret metabolic gift that would allow me to eat pizza and beer and chinese food and rye and martinis and coquito and WIPPED CREAM all the time and still lose weight without getting off the couch? Is that really so much to ask?

That's my girl. . . . .what's coquito? . . . . .I'll have to Google it:huh:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Kayt - I Googled coquito . That's that treat the lady gave you yesterday, huh?

I might have problems trying not to eat it. How long did you hold out? :tongue:

Rum. Jus sayin
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Coquito is the dirnk that Jose (our bartender, slash REAL Survivorman) is always giving me. That and his rummy sangria are my ultimate weakness now, since i've abandoned the whipped cream. The sweet our housekeeper gave me yesterday was a coco blanco (basically jsut a solid fingerlength rectangle of coconut and sugar! Death!) I still have it though! I put it in a ziplock baggie with some pre-portioned out walnuts that I keep in my room for treats/snacks when I'm too lazy to walk to the kitchen. They're kind of mental challenge to say "ok, they're here. I don't have to eat them just because they're here. They will still be here later so I may as well wait until i really WANT them."

Rum. AUGH. I'm usually a Rye girl (Canadian, what can I say...) or better yet, Scotch! yum yum yum. But I mean...I'm living in Puerto Rico, and as they say: when in rome (drink like the puerto ricans!) *facevault*
  • cmriverside
    Options
    *facevault*

bwahaha.gif
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    "I lost 35 pounds ULTRA FAST taking Xenadrine Ultra!"

Really? I lost 10 pounds slowly by eating healthy and exercising regularly!

PLUS - no you didn't.

:laugh:
  • kaytbognar
    Options

PLUS - no you didn't.

Snrk. Love it.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    "I lost 35 pounds ULTRA FAST taking Xenadrine Ultra!"

Really? I lost 10 pounds slowly by eating healthy and exercising regularly!

PLUS - no you didn't.

:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh and IF you lost 10 pounds really fast.............you gained 20 back TWICE as fast:wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Will someone who has good spyware/phishing/antivirus software PLEASE click on one of those ads?

Ya know, the "Follow this one simple rule and lose 20 pounds of stomach fat a day" ads?

I reeeeeeealy wanna know how. But not bad enough to fall for it...........:noway: :laugh:

I clicked on it and they sent my 100 BILLIon dollars! I am rich......RICH I say!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    Options

I clicked on it and they sent my 100 BILLIon dollars! I am rich......RICH I say!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dangit. But is your computer broken now? :devil: oh. I guess you could buy a few more.....