I have a NSV and I'm so excited!!!!

Options
Before I started my weight loss/ healthy me journey. I had a really hard time sitting down for more than two hours at a time. I had nerves issues at the base of my spine and it was really painful to sit and to get up because of the pressure put on my tailbone. Trying to get up was the hardest because i was now taking the pressure off my tail bone and it was being expanded. Things were so bad that I visited the chiropractor a few times for this problem and I also have a special pillow that is supposed to take pressure off my spine. Doesn't work for long stretches of time.

Usually about every 2 hours or so (getting my hair done can take up to 13 hrs) I would need to get up to walk around and stretch some. Very painful, many times I wanted to shriek out in pain and cry.

Today, I went to get my hair done (took 5 hours) I was able to sit the entire time without my lower-back/but hurting. It was AWESOME! Toward the end I did feel some soreness but nothing compared to what i would have felt 2 months ago. This is just another reason for me to keep going! Relief of ailments.

Today was the ultimate test as I don't really sit down much when at work or other places. While at work, I refuse to sit for more than 45 mins at a time. I make sure to find some reason to leave my desk and walk for a min. it's the only way i would be able to make it through the day.

If yall knew the pain, you would REALLY understand my excitement! Yay!

Replies

• Anaconda62
    Options
    That's wonderful. Five hours is a long time to sit down to do anything. It's good to know that now you won't dread getting up from sitting all the time.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how those things really keep us going. Congratulations on no pain :happy:
  • Drea89
    Drea89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yea, 5 hours is a long time but nothing compared to 13! Lol, I was set on shortening the time so i changed my style. Thanks guys
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV! Keep it up!
  • Drea89
    Drea89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! its great!