Don't exercise but stay in my daily calories

I've been kinda active since i've started dieting with my fitness pal.Exercised a lot during past weeks ,almost everyday and made a lot of efforts but 1) i can't really see results (it's been a month) 2) it's good if i don't exercise for a couple days but I still stay in my calories ?

Replies

• kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    There are many benefits to exercise, one of which is weight loss. It can take longer than a month to see any difference- unless you did measurements before and could measure again now. Exercising 4-7 times a week is ideal, so taking a couple days off is fine.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    There are many benefits to exercise

This absolutely. Exercise is great to improve overall health, stamina and preserve lean muscle mass. That said, personally, I hate doing exercise and do it very seldom. It's not necessary for weight loss but is good for overall fitness. It seems you've been working out substantially so maybe an exercise break will be good to recoup and reaccess your workouts.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Studies indicate that many of us over report calories burns and under report intake calories. How certain are you that your intake is dead on accurate?
  • take a break but keep it up - it may take a while but it will certainly start shifting.
  • Evey_bee
    Evey_bee Posts: 77 Member
    What kind of results are you expecting? A month isn't really long enough to see a great deal of change in your body so I would stick with it and try to keep your calorie logs as accurate as possible.
    Also depending on the exercise it can be better to take a few days off to allow the body to recover (I rock climb and do weights so recovery days are pretty important for me).
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    I take rest days. Serious weight lifters take break days. My guess is all athletes take break days for their bodies to heal.

Sure, take your break day but stretch a bit or walk or any other activity that is low impact. Just go back to working out in a day or two if you're feeling stronger.

(I had a medical issue that kept me from working out last week and lost 2 lbs that week after being in a 3 week weight stall. Maybe you'll be lucky too. My guess is it was water weight that my muscles were holding onto but it was a change so I was happy.)