Question about cravings :-)

Options
I was wondering if anyone has some tried and true methods for staving off detrimental cravings? Today it's been salt for me, other times it might be sugar. I will drink a lot of water and I'll do some cardio or strength training to divert my attention but is there a food source that you find helpful and might help combat the cravings? I can usually ward the sugar off a little but the salt can be tricky for me! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I do some of the obvious things such as not leaving any salty/sugary snacks around my home if possible. I stay away from pastry and snack aisles in grocery stores. But sometimes it just comes down to sheer willpower. You have to ask yourself if it's really worth it. If you MUST fulfill your craving, do extra exercise to offset the intake.
  • Katiedid717
    Katiedid717 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem sometimes. I've found that a serving of frosted mini wheats will take care of my sweet tooth and that baby carrots dipped in hummus help with the salt. I've been trying to redirect my cravings toward healthier options =)
  • nicoledallal
    Options
    Supposedly if you can wait 15 minutes, the craving will fade. Set a timer. Actually, I don't know if this works.
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will remember those tips! It seems like they cravings sneak up just when I think they are going away :-S I will just try to push through, wait and have healthier options on board. Hummus sounds good right about now!