Help needed!

Options
I love this site and started using it 3 weeks ago. The first week I lost 4 pounds. I eat 1200 calories and work out at the gym or at home depending on my schedule about 4-5 times a week. I have not lost anything in 2 weeks. I go up a little and back down to the weight I was 2 weeks ago. I feel like I am doing this for nothing and it is frustrating. I keep wandering if it is my scale? What can I do to boost this weight lost that does not seem to be moving when I am doing everything right? HELP!

Christel

Replies

• jamieseward
    Options
    That is very normal, just keep going you will see it start dropping off again. Maybe don't eat the extra calories that you get for working out! I lost 30 pounds in 6 months, it was a very rough time, but once you get it off you will never want to go back to that again!
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    We talk about this a lot: weight loss is the process of getting your body active and healthy. While the scale may not be moving, you are losing inches, gaining muscle and confidence. Try focusing on measurements for a few weeks and you'll see a difference. Try doing the same activity once a week and note your improvement from one week to the next. Adjust your fitness and nutritional goals to keep yourself challenged, interested and motivated.

And EXERCISE CALORIES.....

Eat them. Eat half of them, eat all of them, eat as much or as little as you're hungry for, but *please* just eat them. When you don't eat your exercise calories, your body goes into "starvation mode" and starts burning muscle for fuel and storing fat like a squirrel with nuts. Teaching your body to do this will only make it harder for you to become permanently healthy and keep the weight off. You may "lose weight" by putting your body into caloric deficit, but you're not doing your metabolism, your overall health, or your future weight loss any favors. Your body is a well-honed machine--please don't grind it like a student driver with a stick shift.

Just take it slow and be healthy! Be proud of your accomplishments thus far and don't sweat the small stuff. The key is having a solid nutrition and exercise program and sticking to it.
  • bride2010
    Options
    I also get frustrated when my scale seems to stop moving. I just try to remind myself that each choice I make is toward the goal of a healthier me. I am getting married in June and am so afraid to walk down the isle as an overweight bride. But on the flip side, I am so scared of succeeding!