Olympic lifters

Options
2»

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you all saw how big Steve (owner of the iron sports gym) is right now haha. He's definitely not an "athlete in training". But if a gym is snobby enough to turn down a potential customer, I would say they are worse off than planet fitness. On a personal note, I hit a PR of 165lb snatch today.

They worked mostly with NFL players and stuff. They were expensive too.

But yeah, it was not nice. Oh well.

Congrats on the snatch! That's awesome!
  • cmaceluch
    Options
    If anyone here is seriously considering dedicating to olympic lifting (and yes it is a lot of dedication) here is some motivation. This is who I look up to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KggMXR4B3A
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you all saw how big Steve (owner of the iron sports gym) is right now haha. He's definitely not an "athlete in training". But if a gym is snobby enough to turn down a potential customer, I would say they are worse off than planet fitness. On a personal note, I hit a PR of 165lb snatch today.

I can agree with this, but with an exception. If the gym has a strict training setup, and everyone there works with a trainer, then I could see them turning away someone who didn't have goals that matched the trainers' philosophies. It would be a waste of their time and your money to get involved with it.

Congratulations on the snatch PR. :)