Why do my calories burned go down for the same exercise?

Options
I do the same exercise, 30 minute 4mph walk, everyday on my lunch break at work. Why do the number of calories I'm burning seem to go down randomly? It would make sense to me if it were directly tied to a weight loss posting, but my last weight loss posting was several days ago, and today I see the change for the first time.

Just curious as to why that happens.

Replies

• iampanda
    iampanda Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That is weird... I know you burn fewer calories the less you weigh, but like you said, the change should be directly related to when you input your most recent weigh-in. But that's the only thing I can think of?
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    If you're using a heart rate monitor then it's tied to your heart rate. That exercise routine isn't as challenging to you now as it was when you started it. Your body gets used to it, and knows how to adapt. Try adding in some running, or jumping, or lunges, something to boost your heart rate. Especially if you get your heart rate up in the beginning, it'll remain slightly more elevated throughout your workout and you'll end up with a higher calorie burn!
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Your body might be getting used to the same ol' stuff. Mix it up. Start jogging a little or faster paced... don't just focus on cardio either. I notice when I do circuit training I usually burn more, have a higher average hr, and my max hr is up there as well.