Have no idea how to lose more weight...HELP

Options
Hey All,

I started off at 184lbs and got down to about 166 lbs. Then I stalled and put back on a couple of lbs. I am trying to lose more and need tips on what to do differently.

To lose the weight I already have, I was eating around 1470 calories a day and doing about 1 hour of exercise a week (setting my exercise level at sedentary), before I plateaued after losing 7-9lbs. Then I carried on with my rate of exercise but lowered calories to 1410. That got me to 166lbs. I was just calorie counting and not really paying much attention to the type of foods I was consuming because it was less to think about. I guess I have eaten too much junk recently and put on a couple of lbs now although I haven't logged my calories much recently.

I'm thinking of eating around 1300 calories a day and sticking strictly to this. In addition I want to be doing 30DS video once a day. Do you think this should get me into gear again? I don't know what diet I should be eating but I want something easy to follow because I'm a student and don't have a lot of free time or money for gym membership.

I'm 5ft 4.5" and currently weigh about 168lbs. I've got quite a thick bone structure and my measurements are 36-29-42. I'd like to get down to 154lbs.

Your advice would be really appreciated,

- Lucia

Replies

• kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd leave the calorie count at the higher level because you'll need the energy to successfully do the shred. It's intense!

Since it sounds like you haven't been exercising regular, if the 30DS is too much, I can recommend the beginner low-impact workout at FitnessBlender (YouTube). It's challenging and uses some of the same moves, but it's not so hard on you. I re-discovered a prior knee injury trying the 30DS, but I can handle the FitnessBlender just fine, although not every single rep. It IS challenging.
  • montlucia
    Options
    Thanks kenazfehu!

Yeah I'll do what you suggest and put my calorie count back up. I was trying to eat lower at 1200 calories but I just felt hungry all the time. It's just because I plateaued at 12 and a half stone, that I thought the way to get past the plateau was to eat even less. Hey maybe the solution is just to do more exercise?
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    As a rule, I would up the calories and work out more.
  • montlucia
    Options
    Okay great. I have put my calories up to 1400, which is what MFP suggests. We'll see how this goes. I may try and eat more protein and less carb?. Ah I am a bit of a novice. Going on diets as a teenager just meant starvation. I've never done it the healthy way before. Thanks for the tips :)
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    The kinds of foods you eat is extremely important. Pick fresh, green, lean, grilled, nothing processed. Make your own food. Its really quite easy. Drink tons of water. The more you move the more you lose.
  • montlucia
    Options
    Thanks. I'll try and be as clean and lean as possible. Perhaps I better quit chocolate and alcohol.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It's all about what works for you and that is something that you learn throughout this journey! I would say to watch your sources of carbs. Make sure they are whole grain sources and eating green leafy veggies is important. Being physically active is important. Getting enough protein is important, especially if you are working out or training with weights. Depending on how you set your micros, there should be enough protein and that the carbs work together with the protein. You will have long lasting energy, not just short burst! You will do just fine, just keep working at it! :)