"If everyday was like today...you would weight xxx"

Options
:noway: How accurate is that? I know it changes it everyday, but i feel like this just gives me so much false hope! lol. any thoughts?

Replies

• withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Definitely not accurate, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes you lose more, sometimes less. :smile:
  • HotDolphinMama
    HotDolphinMama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Not always on target - but not far off if you stay below your calories and make sure your protein, etc are where they need to be. I have my settings at 2 lbs a week loss (which is the most it will figure) and I float somewhere around my calorie goal most days - some over, some over but never by more than a couple of hundred either way. And I have had great success except for a 5 week slump where i hit a wall & couldn't lose anything until I just went crazy for a week and added about 500 calories a day to my intake to trick my body into burning again.
    I use the "if everyday" tag as a motivator to tell me what I need to do - if I don't like the number I cut some more calories - and if I don't hit the number by when they said I would I pick myself up & keep trying. Good luck. You can do this and we are all cheering you on!
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I hate that ticker. If I go over by say 20 calories, it tells me i'll be a pound heavier than it did the last day. I ignore it, it's supposed to be for motivation but...
  • jesindc
    jesindc Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I have found it to be pretty much spot on *IF* I actually keep every day like that day. I was so amazed a few months back b/c the weight it was telling me I would be in 5-weeks was legitimately thin, so I wrote down the number on the calendar. When 5-weeks rolled around, sure enough, I was at that weight. There are days when we go out on the town and have a lot to eat and drink and on those nights when MFP tells me how much is weigh if every day were like that, THAT is a big wake up call. :)
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Please! I should already be xxx weight by now! BullsH!t
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Please! I should already be xxx weight by now! BullsH!t
    I'm with you on this one. Then again I don't know if what went into my mouth was the same as what I logged into mfp. I logged everything but I'm not sure the portions were spot on.
  • Risser
    Risser Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use it more as a guide then anything. It's good practice to write down what you eat, that way when I go overboard I can see what I did and get back on track. Lol ????. But I do have to admit, I find it pretty accurate.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    lol if that was true i would be like 115 by now...
  • janie9
    janie9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions for boosting metabolism? Inwork out two to three times a week at Y am not sedentary, have trouble eating 1200 calories a day and yet am overweight by about 20lbs.
  • FightingGenetics
    FightingGenetics Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Here's a tip for boosting metabolism. It's called HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) Check out this article http://teamfightinggenetics.com/2012/10/hiit-high-intensity-interval-training/
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have found it to be pretty much spot on *IF* I actually keep every day like that day. I was so amazed a few months back b/c the weight it was telling me I would be in 5-weeks was legitimately thin, so I wrote down the number on the calendar. When 5-weeks rolled around, sure enough, I was at that weight. There are days when we go out on the town and have a lot to eat and drink and on those nights when MFP tells me how much is weigh if every day were like that, THAT is a big wake up call. :)

I am going to do this! Write it on the calendar, that is, the next time I get a really good one. Yesterday I had a great number - today's wasn't terrible. But I have noticed that on the days when I log the most exercise, the number is the lowest. I think it is just a formula based on calories ingested v. calories burned with some kind of constants for age and current weight. it doesn't take into consideration the "type" of calories (protein/fat/carbs) which I believe makes a big difference in my personal success rate.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    It was pretty accurate for me I felt like
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Theoretically you would have to have exactly the same amount of everything, and the exact same exercise with the same deficit every day for 5 weeks to get to that magic number. Since I don't think the theory has been tested by any living person (just a computer), I have no problem discounting those results. :)