8 Glasses of Water

Okay. So, if I drink 8 glasses of water a day, I'm literally going to the bathroom every 30 minutes.

Anybody else, or am I just crazy?

Replies

• xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    I was that way at first...your bladder becomes a bit more used to the heavy intake and it gets better. Trust me. :smile:
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    You're not alone. I have a hard time drinking water. I like it, but do not ever crave it. I am a coffee drinker, and if I had to have eight cups of coffee per day, I'd be in great shape. However, as it is, it must be water. My goal is to drink five glasses per day. Until five is comfortable, I will not drink six. I also cannot drink a glass at one sitting. So, I have two measured water bottles that I keep in the fridge. Ea. holds 20 oz. Every time I open the fridge for any reason (like getting milk for my coffee), I take a few swallows. I cannot do more than five swallows unless I'm actually feeling thirsty.

Oh, that reminds me, I need to go drink some water.

Good luck!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Don't drink 8 glasses of water if you don't want to drink 8 glasses of water. There is no evidence that we need to drink that much or that it has any health benefit.

Before everyone jumps, if it works for you and you drink gallons of water a day, great! Carry on.
  • I have the same problem! I can only drink a max of 3. I am in the bathroom every 15 mins. no joke! I don't think I will ever make to 8. Which I have a small bladder anyways. So no, your not the only one.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    i wake up 4 times a night to stagger to the bathroom....haha
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Don't drink 8 glasses of water if you don't want to drink 8 glasses of water. There is no evidence that we need to drink that much or that it has any health benefit.

Before everyone jumps, if it works for you and you drink gallons of water a day, great! Carry on.

^This
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    You're not alone. I have a hard time drinking water. I like it, but do not ever crave it. I am a coffee drinker, and if I had to have eight cups of coffee per day, I'd be in great shape. However, as it is, it must be water. My goal is to drink five glasses per day. Until five is comfortable, I will not drink six. I also cannot drink a glass at one sitting. So, I have two measured water bottles that I keep in the fridge. Ea. holds 20 oz. Every time I open the fridge for any reason (like getting milk for my coffee), I take a few swallows. I cannot do more than five swallows unless I'm actually feeling thirsty.

Oh, that reminds me, I need to go drink some water.

Good luck!

I drink at least 6 cups of coffee in addition to 8 + glasses of water. But the walks back and forth to the bathroom are steps and burn calories!
  • I drink more than 8 a day, but that's just me. To be honest, I drink when I'm thirsty. I use a large protein shake bottle to carry water. But you will adjust to the bathroom thing, doesn't usually bother me
  • sisterofseven
    sisterofseven Posts: 82 Member
    Yep, been there but it really does get better if you persevere. Initally I would try to drink most of it early in the day as I'd be up in the night too but that has calmed down now so i can spread it throughout the day :-) I personally find it does assist with my weight loss and the scales show if I had a good water week or not, especailly during TOM. Good luck
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    I pee every 30 minutes regardless of how much I drink.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Just drink water when you're thirsty... I only drink water (it's all I like), and pee quite frequently.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    I was that way at first...your bladder becomes a bit more used to the heavy intake and it gets better. Trust me. :smile:
    ^^^^ agree
  • same here and I am drinking about double if your counting 8oz glass. I hope at some point my bladder adjust cause I feel like a pregnant lady going pee all the time. :)
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    I pee every 30 minutes regardless of how much I drink.

This is pretty much me too! I was up to drinking 4-5 cups a day (which is good for me,) and then I joined a challenge group on here that rewards you for 8+ cups/day. Soooo, I've upped my intake to 9 cups and I feel like an overblown balloon!!! (in addition to the bathroom issue!)
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    :blushing: :bigsmile: :noway:
    Okay. So, if I drink 8 glasses of water a day, I'm literally going to the bathroom every 30 minutes.

Anybody else, or am I just crazy?
    No u r not crazy I drank at least that today and man if I was at work where I have to get permission, so that someone can sub well I would have had a day off and there woul be chatter for a month!
  • LaColombicana
    LaColombicana Posts: 63 Member
    I agree! I drink when I thirsty, as well. I'm also a coffee drinker so, between diuretic and water combo I'm always in the bathroom. Its only annoying to me when I'm out shopping! :)
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member

How long will it take? Really asking.
  • I always feel thirsty so i am always drinking water.I just love it! Water and coffee are all i drink lol But i go to the bathroom every 30 minutes and some times even sooner than that! I wish i could cut back but if i dont get my 8 glasses i feel off, but maybe thats because i have been drinking the 8 glasses a day for like years lol
  • leojsivad
    leojsivad Posts: 124 Member
    I am a teacher, so I can't just leave the room to go to the bathroom. I drink two 8 ounce glasses during the school day, and then drink more towards evening. I probably don't drink 8 a day, but more around 6.
  • sabrajanebrown
    sabrajanebrown Posts: 23 Member
    I read somewhere (Mother Jones Magazine I do believe) that a normal bladder can hold (at full capacity) 20 ounces of water. But that is full capacity and our bladders start feeling "full" at 1/2 to 3/4 capacity. So, this does make sense that you are going to the bathroom a lot more. You aren't crazy, I drink about 10 glasses (8 oz each) of water a day and I usually go to the bathroom once an hour sometimes twice an hour. Sounds normal to me ...