Being a student and want lose weigh.

Options
Hello, I’m a 21 years old university student.
Back in may 2011, when I finished my session, I decide to joined myfitnesspal and lose some weight. All summer long I was doing a great job. Even If I have a full time job. I lost over 25 pounds. But then I came back in class in September I keep exercising and eating good, but with the session going by I wasn't able to keep the same rhythm and came a point where I stop training and eat whatever-I-want. It goes by like that until May 2012. I take all the lost pounds I've lost and even more.

Then in may 2012 I decided again to lose weigh, and the whole same story was going by, It went pretty good, I lost over 20 ponds and back in school, I'm gaining weight again.

I just need some advice. In school, I’m stressed, got less time to train and less motivation. To students or other how to you do you keep going?

Replies

• amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    check out the dorm room diet by dr oz's daughter
  • TrashyAbercrombie
    TrashyAbercrombie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and a former college student (college just wasn't for me) and I guess my advice would be to watch what you eat in the cafeteria (if you eat there). They have healthy choices there. If you're in your dorm then stock up on healthy snacks or foods to keep in your fridge. Make your walks to class count. Take the stairs, not the elevator in certain buildings. Take the long way to class. I understand it may feel like you don't have enough time in a day but me and my room mate found time to do the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred at night. It's only 20 minutes long.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    YOU have to make it a point not to fall into old habits. Being a student isn't a good excuse. I'm a full-time student, married, and working, and have lost an additional 8 pounds since school has started....
  • marliinos
    marliinos Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanx for the reply, it will help. And no more elevator! :)
  • jakiram
    jakiram Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    There are times in our lifes that make it harder to eat well and control the eating. Our bodies are mostly desinged the way that once we are stressed we either forget to eat or eat more than we need. I´ve noticed that when I´m happy and life is good I´m also losing weight and then quite the opposite when I´m feeling blue. This is emotianal eating. Realizing this has made all the difference. Now when I feel a bit blue or angry or stressed out I go to the gym or for a run. After that I don´t feel like numbing my feelings with food.... most of the time it helps. I call my gym visits anger management.

What I was trying to say is, that there will always be something bugging us.... or giving us a "reason" not to stay on the right eating and exercising track. Just understanding this may help.