Hitting my first huge goal!

Options
So I have finally reached my big goal – down 16/17 kgs (36lbs)!! I feel great but have a lot more to go as well. I wanted to take the time and celebrate my small win by sharing my story.

After my son was born in late Feb 12 I took it easy for a month while I recovered but then once I could start exercising I thought I would jump on the scales to see what I was dealing with…. The results were embarrassing and my highest weight ever of 102kgs ( 224lbs). I had fertility issues therefore thought once I finally fell pregnant it was an excuse to ‘let go’ and eat what I wanted…. Bad idea that was.

Right then I decided I need to do something and bloody quick, so I joined my gym again and went a few times a week. I was a little disappointed when I wasn’t getting very far so in July (after only dropping 3 kgs since march) I decided to become serious. I wanted to be happy with myself and not hate the reflection in the mirror.

A group of lovely women in my Mothers Group were discussing MFP and I couldn’t think of anything worse than counting cals but I knew I had to give it a go to move this weight. So I joined and was very surprised how easy it was to record. From then on I didn’t look back, I haven’t missed a day. I was never a ‘junk/sweet’ eater but I had no idea what foods weighed or how many cals where in different things.

I made sure I ate my allocated cals and started walking 1 hr a day + a few random days at the gym (when I could get my son babysitted). After a while I was very very surprised to see the results on the scales. I thought it would never shift, I would never be able to hit my goal target of 85 kgs (187lbs).

Well 4 months later I’m there!!!! I’m so happy with the work I put in and can’t wait to reach my next huge goal of 75 kgs (165lbs). This was never a goal for me I’ve only just set it now as I’ve reach my previous goal. I am now in my ‘smaller’ clothes and my ‘goal jeans’ are hanging off me…. Time for a new wardrobe, shopping is now more exciting as I’m 2 sizes smaller but I am waiting till I drop more.

Sorry guys no photos, maybe when I hit my 75 lol (no its only because I don’t have any on me). I just wanted to share as I never thought I could reach my goals as I’m not a fitness junkie and I didn’t want to eat only salads all day … but with this nice drop in weight I’m now excited about looking good in a bikini this summer…. Don’t get me wrong I have a long way to go but for now I’m happy with myself and not depressed about how I look. You know you are doing something right when friends and family always comment. If I can do it everyone else can.

Replies

• worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is awesome!!!
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are amazing! So proud of you. I'm going to be hitting one of my huge goals soon too. Six more pounds to go till I hit 100 pounds lost. Hopefully by my birthday which is november 15th. Thank you for sharing your story. :)
  • LadyRhodes01
    LadyRhodes01 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is an amazing post. I especially like that you are happy in your skin. Being a mother having a child and looking at your body afterwards is hard, and then stepping on the scale was depressing. Congratulations! On reaching your goal. I know the feeling of fitting into smaller clothes. You're your own barbie doll. Thanks, for the positive and uplifting post. You actually put a smile on my face. You are on a great journey of being happier and healthier for your beautiful family.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    that was my starting weight too, I couldn't imagine hitting goal... and now I'm 50lbs smaller. Well done!!
  • ards7
    ards7 Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks! I'm so happy as loads of people made comments about how great I looked at a friends party on the weekend. Its nice to see other people notice the change!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!