Help with my macros, pleeeease!

Options
I have been logging into MFP for a while now, and since I have done Turbofire and am currently finishing Chalean Extreme, I upped the calorie intake and I eat 1750 calories per day. On the scoobys calculator it states I should eat around 2000-2200 to lose weight, which is 15% less of my TDEE. But since I had started with 1200, and upped to 1750 I really dont think I need more calories during the day.

Now, about the macros. I have not been watching nor following my diet to fit the 40%carbs 40%protein 20%fat, which is some made default on MFP. I simply ate what I wanted to fit the 1750. I would not eat cookies and cakes and chips of course, but healthy food mostly. Of course I sometimes do have cheat days, we are all human :P Mostly I eat too many carbs and lack in protein, even though I do eat lost of cottage cheese, tuna and protein shakes.

So basically, im not sure whether I should be looking into the percentage and what the right percentage for me is. So I need help with that before I start doing Body Revolution by Jillian Michaels on monday.

Thank you guys a loooot!

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_custom to change them

1750 calories a day. 35% protein would be 153g a day which should be at least enough. If you struggle with that go lower - 1g/day per lb of lean body mass is more like 100g for you I suspect.

40% carbs = 175g of carbs. Leaves 25% for fats & oils = 49g.
  • minnie_monroe
    Options
    Yarwell, thanks a lot :)

My measurements are 132 lbs and 5,48 feet.
    I gained 2 pounds while upping my calories and while lifting with Chalean Extreme.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My measurements are 132 lbs and 5,48 feet.
    I gained 2 pounds while upping my calories and while lifting with Chalean Extreme.

so around 100g of protein would be 1g/lb if you're 24% BF, or 108g if you're 18% BF.