When is the betime to weigh? What is real weight?

sandmart2009
sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
This has been plaguing me for a while. When is the best time to weigh in? Is it when you wake up in the morning? Is it at night before going to bed? I mean what is your real weight then? I understand that we all take fluids throughout the day and that should affect your weight at night.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    I weigh myself about 45-60 minutes after I get up in the morning on my weigh in day. I find that seems to be the best time of day for me.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    I weigh myself every Friday AM, after I get up, go to the bathroom, and before my shower/breakfast. That way I'm consistent (almost) every time.
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Thanks! I think I am going to do the weekly thing.
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    i find that the morning is the best time for weigh in but only after you been up and moving for at least 30 minutes. Remember when you first wake up, your body was in rest mode. It needs to wake up so that you get an accurate count.

I usually get up and go potty. Get all my items set up for exercising, clothes for after my shower, breakfast items, etcs. then i weigh myself. I notice that I weigh at least a half pound more if i do not do this.
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    In the morning, after using the bathroom, before my run, breakfast and shower.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Morning time is definitely the best time. If you weigh yourself at night, you're weighing everything that you drank/eat for the day so I would say that it's not your "real weight".

I do it on Friday mornings buck naked and after a trip to the loooooo!
  • mlove1307
    mlove1307 Posts: 151
    I weigh myself every morning when I wake up (same time every day), after I go to the bathroom and before I eat or drink anything. A bowl full of oatmeal and coffee packs on the pounds immediately. So as soon as you wake up, head to the bathroom and maybe even keep your scale in there. :]

And then, do not weight yourself until the next morning. Because you WILL gain weight over the course of the day and lose it and gain it and it's not fun seeing your weight fluctuate that much. It's also perfectly normal for your weight to be about 4-5lbs more at night than in the morning due to food mass, water, hormones..etc.

:] Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.