Mom, Student, & Career Woman

kdn42007
kdn42007 Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
:flowerforyou:

Being a single mother of a beautiful and very energetic 2 year old, a doctorate student, and also working part-time, does not leave time for very much exercising. I have gained over 15 pounds over the last couple of months, just hope to stay motivated, and not too tired to reach my goal of loosing those 15 pounds. I think that this site is very helpful, just began on Monday, and I feel great. I have been eating under my goal calories and have managed to exercise my two goal workouts for the week. Wanted to share my short story and tell everyone that if I can, so can You. Will help anyone with a little encouragement and motivation, and hopefully I will stay motivated as well. Have a greeeeaaaaat day.

Replies

• SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Hey there!

I am a 3rd year law student, Mom of 3, I work a full time job and run a catering business. I'm not sure where the time fits in, but I exercise early AM. You can do it! You will find lots of support and motivation here. :flowerforyou: Welcome by the way!
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Hiya,
    i am a full time single mum and full time student, doing my degree at uni, and i know what you mean about finding time to
    exericse!
    I do mine as early in the morning as possible, as then i dont think about it all day and wonder when i am going to do it. I normally get into the gym at 8.15am, after i have dropped the kids off at breakfast club at school. On the days where i drop them at school at 8.40am (the start school at 8.50), i go straight to the gym then.
  • thank you so much ladies, it is good to know that I am not alone in the fight. As always, and as they say, time is of essence. I have tried to get up early in the morning to work out, but I am not a morning person, and I find it extremely hard to wake up in the morning. How do you guys do it? I think that is my biggest challenge yet. I would love to work out at least 4 times a week. But it feels great being busy and doing what one loves.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Sometimes I grab my law book and just jump on the treadmill late at night while my kids sleep. I suggest trying a few things, maybe even force yourself out of bed early just 1 morning to see if it's something that may work. My grandmother always told me while growing up (I'm still growing up I know :)) "What's stopping you?" She's right... If I want to do it, then I can. I do have to move things around a bit or adjust schedules, but when I start I feel amazing. You can do it! You'll find something that works, and then Ihope you tell us what it was that worked!
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    thank you so much ladies, it is good to know that I am not alone in the fight. As always, and as they say, time is of essence. I have tried to get up early in the morning to work out, but I am not a morning person, and I find it extremely hard to wake up in the morning. How do you guys do it? I think that is my biggest challenge yet. I would love to work out at least 4 times a week. But it feels great being busy and doing what one loves.
    i think its a fact of getting your body clock adjusted to the earlier time, it doesnt take too long.
    when my alarm goes of at 7am, i dont let myslef have time to think about the fact that its early, especially as its still dark at that time in the morning!!
    i just get up, get the kids up and start the day. It helps that i put a bit of Michael buble on to wake up, lol!!

Oh, make sure that you put your alarm clock out of your reach, so you actually have to get out of bed to turn it off, as that helps me!! I put mine in the hallway, so i cant just hit the snooze button, lol!
This discussion has been closed.