Newbie introduction

Options
My name is Chris and I live in Maine. I am currently 234 pounds and I've been this way for far too long. I've been thin and I've been heavy and I know that people treat thin people much differently than they treat heavy ones. I had a physical yesterday and was told I'm probably on the path to diabetes. I would love to lose 10% of my body weight by the time I return for a recheck in January. My blood pressure is elevated and my cholesterol is higher than I'd like (233.) I'm tired of being winded after walking a flight of stairs. I'm tired of squeezing myself into clothes. I'm tired to going to the Plus Sized Women's department in search of something attractive in size 22. (By the way, there isn't.) I love to cook and I love to eat. I think that I'm eating healthy, but I obviously eat waaay to much. I'm hoping to find some like-minded folks who will help me have fun with this journey to wellness that I'm about to take. I stress the "fun" because if it's going to be painful and difficult, I'm going to quit. I just don't think my health can take a quitter at this point. Looking forward to making some friends here!

Replies

• buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi! Add me if you like? I am new to this, and am just getting to grips with how the site works.. I am hoping to lose 20 pounds, would be happy with 14 to start with though! But I am finding it hard to lose any and need some motivation, doesn't help that I don't really like exercise.. I am in the UK but I don't see that makes any difference here..!
  • ChrissME
    ChrissME Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! Add me if you like? I am new to this, and am just getting to grips with how the site works.. I am hoping to lose 20 pounds, would be happy with 14 to start with though! But I am finding it hard to lose any and need some motivation, doesn't help that I don't really like exercise.. I am in the UK but I don't see that makes any difference here..!

Oh, a new friend who also doesn't like exercise. Honestly, I hate it. I think it's all a big lie. :wink:
    Friend request has been sent.